Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixed 3x scope vs red dot... Continued

Feedback Score
    The eyebox is going to be quite a bit more fussy about head position than a RDS, as you already know. As long as your mount is the proper height, all you need is practice. The Vortex Razor Gen 2 has just about the most forgiving eyebox I've ever seen.

If you get that astigmatism corrected, Aimpoint or Trijicon MRO are the leave-on options you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazyeach View Post
    I have the PA Raptor. 1-6. The reticle is very bright. It just takes me like a second to get the scope to the right level where my eye picks it up.
    I use an Eotech for my HD gun but ideally I’d like something I don’t have to turn on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the PA Raptor. 1-6. The reticle is very bright. It just takes me like a second to get the scope to the right level where my eye picks it up.
    I use an Eotech for my HD gun but ideally I’d like something I don’t have to turn on.
    I haven't looked through the PA Raptor, but having looked through a Bushnell 1-4x with first focal plane reticle (tiny on 1x) I wonder if that could be the issue with picking up the reticle?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I haven't looked through the PA Raptor, but having looked through a Bushnell 1-4x with first focal plane reticle (tiny on 1x) I wonder if that could be the issue with picking up the reticle?
    The reticle on 1x is smallish. I’d prefer the reticle size at 3x magnification at the 3x setting. Maybe I’ll try a second focal plane scope out.

Feedback Score
    Does this look about right?

RaptorFFPdiagram.jpg

The reticle on 1x is smallish. I’d prefer the reticle size at 3x magnification at the 3x setting. Maybe I’ll try a second focal plane scope out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Does this look about right?

RaptorFFPdiagram.jpg
    Yes. That is correct.

Feedback Score
    If you don't care about the ranging functions and accurate BDC at all mag levels, the SFP scopes are probably going to be the way to go for you. With my 3-18x ACSS, it is very similar to your 1-6x.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    On my 14.5 inch, I have a FFP reticle. I wish I had gotten a SFP reticle to go with the shorter barrel because I will be using this more at close distances. At least I have an easy way to sell used optics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12