Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dbal a3 or full power dbal a2?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Dbal a3 or full power dbal a2?

Looking for advice on which way to go on an ir laser setup. I will be using this in a rural environment for the most part in wooded areas. I will be using gen 3 pvs 14 with this setup. Im considering a used full power dbal a2, new dbal a3 Civie version, or if I should get a civie ir laser only and use a separate light for it illumination. From what I have seen the civie laser Illuminators are pretty weak?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    For civvie IR laser illumination the A3 is about as good as it gets (minus any paradigm shifts)

But I’d always go full power if given the opportunity.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    For civvie IR laser illumination the A3 is about as good as it gets (minus any paradigm shifts)

But I’d always go full power if given the opportunity.
    Yep.

FWIW I sold my A3 and bought a full power I2. I do miss the visible laser, but not that badly.

Interestingly, I have a friend with an old PEQ-2. Holy crap that thing is powerful.

Today, I would look at the Perst-3 or Perst-2 imported by Ivan Tactical, also available from Black Phase Tactical and some eBay stores.

Or wait for the Brolis M3 from Ireland, they may sell these in full power.

Lastly there are also full power lasers from Canada.

I'm assuming you aren't mil or le. If you are, then that opens open a whole new world.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m not mil or le so I’m stuck with what I can get. I just don’t know about buying second hand full power units that are not local that I can’t inspect or test before buying.Thats the conundrum.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EMOD300 View Post
    I’m not mil or le so I’m stuck with what I can get. I just don’t know about buying second hand full power units that are not local that I can’t inspect or test before buying.Thats the conundrum.
    I have had really good experiences with wills optics. He will take care of you if your unit is messed up (unlikely)

I shoot too much too far to mess with civvie Illuminators anymore. The civvie lasers are fine, but you need an LED illuminator if you don’t have a full power unit to see worth a damn.

The ATPIAL C illuminator is by far the worst piece of garbage i have ever used in the entire world of NV.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-16-19 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Perst lasers are new Russian models, and the Brolis M3 is new also. Read the Perst review thread on TOS.

I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but the FDA only regulates US based manufacturers. You can freely buy foreign units new.

I forgot one other option, the DBAL-A4v2.

Supposedly a very small visible signature in a very narrow angle and for a short distance.

Call TNVC and they will knock the price down to a shocking better level than MAP.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    What are these Canadian units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, it’s between a dbal a2 and the aptial? Opinions?

Feedback Score
    If you have the money, the MAWL-C1 is suppose to have an amazing illuminator, despite it being just a Class 1 laser; my friend who has used it in FoF at DARC has said that he's had folks accuse him of white light NDs when he used his MAWL-C1, and that it illuminates better than full power AN/PEQ-15s and DBAL-I2s (not sure how it matches up against the LA-5s, though). I'm told the DBAL-D2's illuminator, and probably the DBAL-A4, are also that powerful, although they use LEDs and are thus are pretty different in size and visual signature. Outside of that, most of the Class 1 illuminators are suppose to be pretty garbage, including the DBAL-A2, DBAL-A3, and ATPIAL-C.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-22-19 at 11:14.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have the DBAL-A3 but the Illuminator is trash compared to a full power PEQ-15/16 (which is expected)

If it’s not issued and I had to buy another laser system, it would only be the MAWL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast