Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dbal a3 or full power dbal a2?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am pretty impressed with my perst 3 so far. The infared laser and illuminator are very powerful and have more range than i currently have distance to see how far out they will reach. I run them on the lower power levels for the most part. I was able to use the visible laser to point out targets of opportunity (squirrels) for my daughter recently and we had no problem seeing it out to 125 yards in the woods during the afternoon. Some of the older units you had to use a screwdriver to remove the battery door but mine also came with screws with knurled heads. The only con I have found is the adjustment for the lasers and illuminator are recessed screws which are located on the front of the laser head so you need to turn the laser off every time you make an adjustment. You also don’t have any clicks or scale for making adjustments. You just keep turning the screws making adjustments and checking it till you get it set. As long as your not having to rezero all the time it’s not really an issue. Overall I’m very happy with it so far.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    My son's Perst 4 with green laser and IR laser designator came in last week. We slaved it to his red dot which is sighted in at 100 yards and then verified it at the range. Everything was dead on. What was really surprising was that at 100 yards even on a fairly bright day you could easily see the green laser. We had a bit of trouble seeing it through the lens of his Eotech but if you canted his AR to the side you could see it with the naked eye. This is a cool little unit. It's surprising how small it is. I very well may have to get one myself.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes, the green visible laser is very bright. That perst 4 is pretty compact compared to the 3.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Perst 4 + IR Surefire. Its an insanely effective and compact unit. I only wish the perst 4 came in FDE.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangrullon87 View Post
    Perst 4 + IR Surefire. Its an insanely effective and compact unit. I only wish the perst 4 came in FDE.
    If you're going to do that though, why not run a tan Steiner CQBL-1 with the new TNVC Unity TAPS that gives you the option of firing together?

The CQBL-1 is effective far past the max range of a surefire IR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I hate red lasers, just have issues picking them up. Especially when zeroing it during the day. The perst 4 is about 2-3x stronger than the CQBL both day and IR modes. This setup is on my SBR. Steiner refuses to release a green CQBL or I would have considered it.
    Last edited by dangrullon87; 01-23-20 at 07:37.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I know this is a bit of an old post but this is a good story. Soon after my son got his Perst 4 I ordered one. It takes a while to get here going through all of the various postal systems. The 1st one I ordered disappeared once it got to the NYC post office. Waited about a month and after going back and forth with Ivan Tactical they recalled the 1st one and sent another. By this time it was early Feb. Well by late March that unit never made it out of Moscow so I requested a refund and forgot about purchasing another from them especially with COVID and everything being so delayed or not being shipped at all. They refunded me my money right away and cancelled the order. Great people to work with BTW. So guess what shows up at my door yesterday. The original Perst I ordered. It finally made it here almost 6 months after I ordered it. So now I have a PERST 4 for free. Not a bad deal I'd say.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I know this is a bit of an old post but this is a good story. Soon after my son got his Perst 4 I ordered one. It takes a while to get here going through all of the various postal systems. The 1st one I ordered disappeared once it got to the NYC post office. Waited about a month and after going back and forth with Ivan Tactical they recalled the 1st one and sent another. By this time it was early Feb. Well by late March that unit never made it out of Moscow so I requested a refund and forgot about purchasing another from them especially with COVID and everything being so delayed or not being shipped at all. They refunded me my money right away and cancelled the order. Great people to work with BTW. So guess what shows up at my door yesterday. The original Perst I ordered. It finally made it here almost 6 months after I ordered it. So now I have a PERST 4 for free. Not a bad deal I'd say.
    So you’re saying you are keeping it without paying for it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    So you’re saying you are keeping it without paying for it?
    So these people were great to deal with. Sent you another one and then cancelled the order. And your are going to repay these great guys to deal with by keeping there stuff and coming here and bragging about it.

OK...
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Actually it was paid for in full the day after that post! So for those that may want to pile on no need.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast