I am pretty impressed with my perst 3 so far. The infared laser and illuminator are very powerful and have more range than i currently have distance to see how far out they will reach. I run them on the lower power levels for the most part. I was able to use the visible laser to point out targets of opportunity (squirrels) for my daughter recently and we had no problem seeing it out to 125 yards in the woods during the afternoon. Some of the older units you had to use a screwdriver to remove the battery door but mine also came with screws with knurled heads. The only con I have found is the adjustment for the lasers and illuminator are recessed screws which are located on the front of the laser head so you need to turn the laser off every time you make an adjustment. You also don’t have any clicks or scale for making adjustments. You just keep turning the screws making adjustments and checking it till you get it set. As long as your not having to rezero all the time it’s not really an issue. Overall I’m very happy with it so far.