Thread: New Duty Belt Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

New Duty Belt Advice

Greetings.

I am looking to purchase a new duty belt and narrowed it down to two belts. I am looking at the Ares and Volund. I’m looking to see if you have a preference either way or if there is another company that has the same style duty belt. I am replacing a Bianchi Accumold nylon that I’ve had for approx. 4 years now. I would like to try a more supportive belt system.

Thanks for your input.

Capt

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you can get the area 2.5 with the polymer cobra buckle, do that. No need for the weight of the metal if you have the option.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    OP, if you have the ability to move away from the traditional 2.25” belt system (due to regs and/or cost), I would strongly recommend it. Since I came out of the tactical team/K9 and went back to the road, I have had to give up my outer vest carrier and lighter (loaded) belt for a full nylon rig. I’ve been back out a year now and my back was a wreck for the first six months or so, until I got a new system dialed in.

I’m now using a 1.75” cobra belt with a HSGI Duty Grip Belt Pad and it has literally saved me a back surgery! For the last ten years while I was tac team/K9, I was able to lighten my load on my belt and up to my vest and change out some standard pouches for lighter weight MOLLE-type and Kydex pouches. As soon as I went back to a Safariland belt, I was damn near bent over in pain for weeks. I straight up told the Chief that I’m wearing my old K9 rig and that he’d have to deal with it or pay for surgery and I had a feeling that I wasn’t coming back to “full duty” afterwards.

All that said, if you can change it up, you ought to look into it. If you’re curious, the First Line Belt thread is a wealth of knowledge and has helped me immensely:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ght=First+line

I have not used Ares but I do have a Volund g-hook belt and the quality is top notch. HSGI is another good contender as well.
    Last edited by Boy Scout; 05-18-19 at 02:27.

Feedback Score
    OP let us know what you go with, would be curious to see pictures as well.

Feedback Score
    This is what I run at work.

https://www.originalsoegear.com/coll...obra-duty-belt

Regular buckle

https://www.originalsoegear.com/coll...ucts/duty-belt

It's very stiff and has been rock solid. It also replaced the Bianchi for me. Can't go wrong with the brands you mentioned either.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Ran the Gen1 Ares LE duty belt for some years before I switched to the Gen2. I ran the Gen1 in regular patrol and moved to K9. Once there, after a year I went to their Gen2 belt. No real differences felt except it was a new duty belt that quickly got dirty and covered in dog hair etc.

The only issue I had/have with the Gen2 is I had a really hard time getting a S&S Holster Extender GRT on the belt. I couldn’t get it on and since I did not want to go Safariland DFA as I hate those I stuck with mid drop UBL.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    esstac belt is good. I want to try the lead devil belt next