Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW LMT MWS QC ISSUES

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

NEW LMT MWS QC ISSUES

I just ordered a new LMT MWS defender online transferred to my FFL. Upon initial inspection I noticed that the aft locking bolt was partially stripped. That didn’t concern me too much so I accepted the transfer and called LMT to receive a replacement bolt. The rep said there was no one there to address the issue over the phone and instructed me to send pictures to their service email, which I did. When I got a chance to start setting the rifle up the way I want I ran into another more significant issue. When attempting to install any MLOK accessory into the 0100 and 1100 slots they are too narrow to fit. All of the other MLOK slot positions around the rail will accept accessories as designed except for the slots at those positions. So I again called LMT customer service and spoke with another rep, Aaron I believe and was told to send more pics and I would receive a prepaid shipping label to return the upper. Again I sent the pics and did not receive a response. I called again and this time the rep said they were taken off the computers to do something else and he was unable to check for my email at that time. I just wanted to post this for any of you guys thinking about getting an LMT to look out for issues. I have had MLOK rails from all different types of manufacturers and never experienced an out of spec slot. So now I’ll wait to see how this goes, I will update this post once the issue is resolved.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know you shouldn't have to do anything remotely resembling this, but I thought I'd make a suggestion. In the interest of expediency, it may be worth considering narrowing a handful of m-lok nuts on some sandpaper. Doesn't sound like LMT is going to get to you as soon as you'd like, and it sucks to have to wait to use your new rifle.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I know you shouldn't have to do anything remotely resembling this, but I thought I'd make a suggestion. In the interest of expediency, it may be worth considering narrowing a handful of m-lok nuts on some sandpaper. Doesn't sound like LMT is going to get to you as soon as you'd like, and it sucks to have to wait to use your new rifle.
    Appreciate the suggestion, the only accessories I install in those slots are a QD mount and a light. I just don’t want to zero the optic to this upper and then when they swap the upper have to use the time/ammo to zero again.

Feedback Score
    Sadly, LMT has been doing this for at least 2-3 years now. Their QC for their guns shipping to the civilian market has become really shoddy. It’s like they’re just tossing out blems or something and they clearly don’t care if bolts are messed up, screws aren’t tight, etc.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I think they are still having issues after their exodus from Illinois. I love supporting an Iowa company, hopefully they will resolve the situation! It's still so rare to even see their products in stock, I have a kiwi rifle from a few years ago and it's flawless.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I received the prepaid shipping label and just dropped it off today. We’ll see what the turn around time is. As for the QC, it is a rough looking rifle for something in this price range. Multiple handling marks and the left side mag release roll pin wasn’t anywhere close to being fully seated.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    I received the prepaid shipping label and just dropped it off today. We’ll see what the turn around time is. As for the QC, it is a rough looking rifle for something in this price range. Multiple handling marks and the left side mag release roll pin wasn’t anywhere close to being fully seated.
    Dude, that sucks. For a guy that has invested in LMT quite a bit. I hope the is short lived. Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    dirkmagurk, sorry you're going through this. Please keep us informed. My only experience with LMT is a Defender SBR that I purchased. It runs fine but came with a semiautomatic carrier and a carbine buffer. The carbine buffer is no big deal, but the semiautomatic carrier is a bow to the gun grabbers that I just didn't anticipate. Hopefully, yours will be fine once they tune it up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aaron at LMT called me today and acknowledged that the MLOK slots were out of spec. He said I can expect a replacement upper late next month. It is frustrating to pay for the LMT reputation and have immediate issues. I’ll let you guys know once I receive the replacement.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update: I received the MWS upper receiver back today via UPS. The MLOK slots work as advertised. However, when I attempt to mate the upper to the lower the rear takedown pin would not go in. I know LMT has “speed bumps” on their uppers requiring adjustment to fit. I then followed their instructions slowly removing material from the speed bumps with a file. Well I completely removed the bumps and the rear takedown pin still will not align with the hole in the upper. If I remove anymore material I will just be digging into the actual receiver. I am emailing Aaron and will call again tomorrow. At this point I want them to take in the rifle and send me one that is functional and in spec.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast