Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    This thread has me looking pretty hard at the CM762, but I gotta admit that my head is spinning reading about all the scope options. This would be my first real "long-distance" rifle mostly used for hunting here in Arizona. LOTS more reading to do.

Congrats rhinowso! Will you do any suppressed shooting?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Congrats rhinowso! Will you do any suppressed shooting?
    Thanks, I've been close to buying this since the new models came out with the huge price drop to the $1400-ish range, which I think is a steal if it lives up to the Colt standard. Never saw any real negatives concerning the 901, just pricing and (maybe) overgassed (some reports) and the minimal reviews of the CM762 seem to be positive.

I shoot suppressed a lot, but my 13" SCAR 17 SBR is setup for that, shooting 130gr OTMs with a 762-SDN6 (older AAC can but it works great and is durable as heck, albeit heavier), so I likely won't jump into suppressing the CM762.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This might be a little old fashioned, but can someone recommend me a set up to use with the Magpul RLS sling? Buttstock is the B5 SOPMOD (I think), but has no QD swivel attachments (see pics in post #26)

Also, what mounting system would I need to use with the Atlas BT10-NC V8 bipod?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Couple of newb questions. Would a VLTOR A5 buffer system work with this lower? Would it be advisable to switch to an A5? Also, would a Geissele trigger work in this lower or are the pins different?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    Couple of newb questions. Would a VLTOR A5 buffer system work with this lower? Would it be advisable to switch to an A5? Also, would a Geissele trigger work in this lower or are the pins different?
    Not sure on the A5, I guess it would but you'd have to replace the RE and try a couple of buffer weights, as the OEM weight is a bit shorter than normal to work with a 556 length RE.

Geissele trigger will work, you have to reused the trigger pins (they are longer side to side) or I have heard Geissle has pins that will work if you call / ask for them but I think the OEM pins would be fine.

I'm traveling this week so I have to wait to get mine until next week. WRT to the bipod, I would do with one of the pic compatable Atlas and use a MLOK pic section at the end of the handguard.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    These are the Geissele trigger pins that work with the CM762 lower...

https://geissele.com/catalogsearch/r...1+trigger+pins

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    Yesterday I picked up my replacement rifle from Mrgundealer.com. Everything appears to be there, but the bag with the accessories was already opened. Unfortunately, the rifle appears to have been used as a display model. There are numerous nicks and rub marks. It wasn't worth refusing the transfer, but Mrgundealer.com (or any seller for that matter) shouldn't sell a display model as new. Now to see how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sorry to hear about your exp, it seems that a lot of the 901s floating around have either been parts builds or sitting on the showroom for years.

My CM762-16 arrived at the FFL today but I can pick it up until Sat or Monday.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For what it’s worth, I have a monolithic 901 which was indeed very gassy when shooting suppressed (Silencerco Omega). I relaced the buffer with the XH model from Heavy Buffers and there is now much less gas to the face. Unsuppressed function has not been affected.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I've tried searching online, but can't find what changed between the LE901 and the CM762. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast