Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    Thanks, interesting read.
    I thought so too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Finally got a free day, with good weather, to get to the range with the CM762 for the first time.

Some minor mods from how I received it new - I replaced the stock & grip with BCM stuff and put a Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24 in ADM mount on top of it. Trigger is stock Colt, kind of gritty but not overly heavy - basically ok for a milspec trigger.

Magazines - I brought 2 x PMAG20LRs, 1 x PMAG25LR, and 2 D&H 20-rounders.

Ammunition - only PPU M80 145gr FMJs, my basic plinking / training round for short range 308 shooting. I loaded 100rds into the mags and shot it all (short loaded one of the PMAG20s to 15 to top off the PMAG25).

Function - 100% with all magazines. Every round functioned the weapon fully and it locked back on all magazines when empty.

Accuracy - I wasn't pressing for accuracy this trip, with this ammo. Just working basic FAM fire and rough zero from the bench. Started on paper at 50yards, grouped 5 rounds an inch low of POA, then moved to steel ISPC silhouette at 100 yards and solidified a100 yard zero with a minor adjustment. I would guesstimate about 2-ish MOA with the ammo, scope, and trigger. No random or noticeable fliers at 100, then I moved to 200 & 300 yard silhouettes and a 8 inch circle at 300.

Keeping in on the sihouettes was easy at all ranges, and after nailing down the 300 yard hold, dinging the 8 inch circle wasn't overly hard, but the trigger grit became more noticeable while trying to get consistent hits on it.

Overall impressions on the Colt CM762 is for the price I got it ($1375), it was a STEAL. I really want some more time at the range with it and would like to put a better 2-stage trigger in it along with some better ammo to test it's accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Nice! I got to finally get a moment to give mine a function test last weekend, and got to run a little over 200 rds through her. I was running 149gr ball and it was flawless in function. Rapid fire at 50 wasnt as bad as I was expecting. Like you, the trigger is not that bad, but could be problematic if going for straight groups. Im in the process of picking up a eotech vudu 1-6x with bdc in the near future, and will likely upgrade the trigger when I get that.

I currently have mine outfitted with a trijicon mro for thinning the flock for hogs. It works extremely well in that configuration in that role. I love mine. Mine is becoming my favorite rifle I own.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Does anyone switch between 308 and 6.5 CM barrels?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I dont, but the guy that runs my local shop said his buddy had to send his in and Colt didn’t fix it, but refunded his money for his rifle. Not sure what was wrong, or if it’s even true. I was going to buy the 6.5 upper, but it was out when I went to buy it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I thought about getting a spare 6.5 upper, but don't have the range to make use of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t see the CM762 in stock anywhere. Are they still making them?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score

Colt CM762

Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Word on the street from my local Colt dealer was that they are discontinuing the rifle. Back in June they were all over the net, then in August they were literally gone. I got lucky and found one in stock at my local shop and bagged it. The only shop I seen that still has them is here. And its not cheap, but still not the gun broker prices ive seen recently.

http://www.montanatactical.com/colt-...s-308-carbine/

ETA: the above link is for a 901, and not the CM762 variant. I did manage to find one available here.

https://www.blackmarketarms.com/rifl...e-20rd-1740411

Last edited by ginge; 11-05-19 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by No Bananas View Post
    Its my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) that the CM762 / CM65 rifles were contract over-runs of some kind, likely for FMS sales OR to get rid of LE901 Lower parts on hand.

When they came out late 2018, CM762/CM65 sold for $1900-2100 but over the summer they lowered to $1300-1450, give or take. People were skeptical about the rifle and there were no reviews on it.

People eventually started grabbing them up at the lower price and my guess is we won't see any more for awhile until Colt either has to make some for an FMS contract or has production capability to make another civie production run.

Not sure if they warranted the $2K price tag, but at $1400 they were a no brainer, esp the CM762 which came with Magpul Pro sights.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 11-06-19 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    After taxes I was at 1750 for mine. I feel it was worth it. But any more than that Is debatable imo. To some, yes, others, no. But like stated for 1400 that was a steal.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast