Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yes - there are some on Gunbroker occasionally.

Brownells had a bunch of stuff but it's all going out of stock.

Considering I split 308 ammo between the CM762 and my SCAR 17, mine will see relatively light use of maybe 500rds per year after I get used to it / optics dialed in, I so I'm not overly concerned with with a BCG or barrel. I thought about getting one of the replacement barrels but they were out of stock before I went back. I do have most of the springs, pins, and smaller parts aside from the receiver, barrel, and BCG.

It's a rifle I like and plan to shoot it - If it breaks I'll call Colt and see what they can do. I venture they'll pull the design back out again in a couple years and make some more or put some FMS extras on the civie market when that happens again.
    Don’t quote me on this but I believe someone approached Nefarious Arms about barrels or barrel work. I know he’s busy with the HK416 Chrome lined clones but I’d reach out and ask.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Don’t quote me on this but I believe someone approached Nefarious Arms about barrels or barrel work. I know he’s busy with the HK416 Chrome lined clones but I’d reach out and ask.
    And I think people have forgotten that there are actual "GunSMITHs" out there. Not Armorers who do 99% parts replacement and 1% tweaking and call themselves Gunsmiths, but people who will machine replacement parts from scratch and build stuff you need. I've had it done for older firearms and I have no doubt if it breaks, Colt can't help, and you have the time and money, you can get it fixed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    And I think people have forgotten that there are actual "GunSMITHs" out there. Not Armorers who do 99% parts replacement and 1% tweaking and call themselves Gunsmiths, but people who will machine replacement parts from scratch and build stuff you need. I've had it done for older firearms and I have no doubt if it breaks, Colt can't help, and you have the time and money, you can get it fixed.
    As have I, it’s really just a question of precise machining. Money is the only object

Feedback Score
    Do only Colt uppers fit onto the 901?
    I am hunting around for the conversion block now, and was wondering what other AR (makers) uppers will work with the 901.
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Once you have the adapter assembly, any standard AR15 upper half will work. Don't forget that you'll need to swap the buffer and spring. It was a crappy move on Colt's part to make more rifles, but stop making the adapters.
    Last edited by Bret; 01-17-20 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    Clyde Armory has the adapters on the shelf.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    Do only Colt uppers fit onto the 901?
    I am hunting around for the conversion block now, and was wondering what other AR (makers) uppers will work with the 901.
    Thanks in advance.
    To operate as a 308 / 6.5CM, you have to use a Colt upper on the lower. The upper / lower attachment design / pin location is proprietary.

If you have the adaptor, you can use a typical milspec AR-15 pattern upper with AR-15 magazines.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    Clyde Armory has the adapters on the shelf.
    Yeah and they are proud of them too. I backordered one on Brownells and got it for $175, which is still highway robbery.

My packaging was beat up, I bet someone had one and returned it unopened. Works fine but someone should just machine the adaptor block

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Took mine to the range today after mounting a NXS 2.5-10x42 on it in a Geissele mount.

Got it zeroed at 100 with my bulk round (PPU M80 145gr FMJ) and had intended to then try some FED AE 168gr OTM I had laying around for accuracy but my spotting scope shit the bed so I just kept plinking on steel from 100-350, checked the zerostop after setting it, dialed some elevation for shots at 300-350, etc. Scope and rifle work great together - even with the rough zero at 100 I dialed for 350 and knocked the 6" plate off it's mount on the first shot. Not bad for crappy ammo.

Still really enjoy this rifle, especially for the price!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Took mine to the range today after mounting a NXS 2.5-10x42 on it in a Geissele mount.

Got it zeroed at 100 with my bulk round (PPU M80 145gr FMJ) and had intended to then try some FED AE 168gr OTM I had laying around for accuracy but my spotting scope shit the bed so I just kept plinking on steel from 100-350, checked the zerostop after setting it, dialed some elevation for shots at 300-350, etc. Scope and rifle work great together - even with the rough zero at 100 I dialed for 350 and knocked the 6" plate off it's mount on the first shot. Not bad for crappy ammo.

Still really enjoy this rifle, especially for the price!
    What were your groups?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast