Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    Has any one used an A2 type butt stock with the 901?
    Just curious if it is more trouble than benefit, understanding I loose the adjustable stock.
    I am a fan of the A2 stock, or something like it.
    I’m using a Magpul SL right now, but am considering a UBR. Best of both worlds, imo

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No range time yet, but I put my PST Gen 2 1-6x24 on it and some BCM furniture (Mod 0 stock, grip, and VFG).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    No range time yet, but I put my PST Gen 2 1-6x24 on it and some BCM furniture (Mod 0 stock, grip, and VFG).
    Id curious to see what you think of it vs the SCAR.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anubismp View Post
    Id curious to see what you think of it vs the SCAR.
    I'll be sure to post it up, however it's just so foooking hawt these days, it may be awhile until I get a good comparison.

Added BCM furniture (Mod 0 stock, grip, and VFG), rail covers, Magpul QD socket, and my Vortex PST Gen2 1-6 in ADM Recon mount - it stands right at 10.3lbs without a magazine, putting the rifle right at 8.4 lbs without the optic / mount.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Rhino, look forward to an image.

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/t...modular-rifle/ . article about history of 901

Photo's below: the one on the left is a prototype of the 901 and the right one is mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mtscout; 07-12-19 at 16:47. Reason: add photo

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just a quick snap before heading out on a hunting trip.

Still need to get it to the range, the scope was originally on my BCM but I kicked it off for the NX8, so it has been looking for a home and I'll use it to break in the CM762. I also picked up a number of PMAG25/20/10s, shown here with one of the PMAG LR 25s.

Feedback Score
    Uhhhh. Yeah.

6.5 CM masterrace and all, but for the cost, that's a really damn good setup for pushing past the ballistic limitations of the 5.56 cartridge... That with a 1-8 or 4-16 ATACR is saaaaaa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    6.5 CM masterrace and all, but for the cost, that's a really damn good setup for pushing past the ballistic limitations of the 5.56 cartridge... That with a 1-8 or 4-16 ATACR is saaaaaa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    I considered the 6.5CM briefly, but it's not a caliber I current uses. The CM65-18S (the 6.5 version of this rifle) has a stainless 18" barrel and doesn't come with the Magpul Pro sights, and really doesn't fit what I want it to do (semi-auto rifle with superior ballistics / terminal effects out to 600m in an Ar15 format).

Feedback Score
    I considered the 6.5CM briefly, but it's not a caliber I current uses. The CM65-18S (the 6.5 version of this rifle) has a stainless 18" barrel and doesn't come with the Magpul Pro sights, and really doesn't fit what I want it to do (semi-auto rifle with superior ballistics / terminal effects out to 600m in an Ar15 format).
    Ayup. And to really take full advantage of 6.5's superior ballistics, you're really well served getting at or near 24" of barrel. Mathematically, you only really start making big money vs 7.62x51 when you get out beyond 800m and working at velocities a 22-24" barrel can get you with an ELD-type projecte.

Feedback Score
    I received an email from Arms Unlimited asking me to review my recent purchase. This seemed odd given that I had already submitted a one star review. I checked and, sure enough, my review is not posted on their website. It pretty much makes their reviews useless when they pick the ones that will and won’t appear.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast