Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    I called Colt today and as it sits, they have been discontinued for almost 2 years. I was inquiring about a barrel extension if they could tell me whether or not it was patterned after sr25 or dpms. It is proprietary, so the Geissele reaction rod likely wont work.

This whole fiasco started with me wanting to run a surefire warcomp in place of the A2 birdcage, but I cant unthread the damn thing. Looks like removing my handguard and coming up with a makeshift barrel clamp will be in order.

Anyone else swap their muzzle devices on the CM762?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    I called Colt today and as it sits, they have been discontinued for almost 2 years.
    Yeah, I don't buy that at all, considering they were touting it at SHOT 2019. At 4:44 in the video

A guy on AR15.COM in the Colt industry section changed his MD out for a Q Plan B, so it can be done.

About 1/2 down the page - he doesn't explain how he did it, but he didn't say it was difficult.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry...99659/?page=45

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy that at all, considering they were touting it at SHOT 2019. At 4:44 in the video

A guy on AR15.COM in the Colt industry section changed his MD out for a Q Plan B, so it can be done.

About 1/2 down the page - he doesn't explain how he did it, but he didn't say it was difficult.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry...99659/?page=45
    Sweet. Thanks. And yeah, I didn’t buy that either. Especially when they were listed on their site as new for 2018. Lol. That video you posted was what got me interested in it back in February. I have a feeling that guy I spoke to just didn’t know what was what.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This whole fiasco started with me wanting to run a surefire warcomp in place of the A2 birdcage, but I cant unthread the damn thing. Looks like removing my handguard and coming up with a makeshift barrel clamp will be in order.

I did, and you're right it was on tighter than normal. I used barrel vise jaws with some scrap pieces of suede like normal, but the barrel started to turn. I added some rosin powder to the suede and it really made a difference, the grip was much stronger.

https://www.tacticool22.com/product/...istol-barrels/

I bought the rosin at Academy Sports, but if you have a bowling alley near you they may sell it for a few quarters

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ghengis Khan View Post
    I did, and you're right it was on tighter than normal. I used barrel vise jaws with some scrap pieces of suede like normal, but the barrel started to turn. I added some rosin powder to the suede and it really made a difference, the grip was much stronger.

https://www.tacticool22.com/product/...istol-barrels/

I bought the rosin at Academy Sports, but if you have a bowling alley near you they may sell it for a few quarters
    Sweet. Thanks. Good to know. I still haven’t removed my handguard yet, and a guy at Colt told me a while back they can be a pain in the ass to remove. Was yours a bitch? Im guessing that I remove the screws and threaded inserts and pull strait back. Im hoping its not tighter than dicks hat band. Lol

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It wasn't too bad, just needed a bit more torque applied to the allen key than normal

Feedback Score
    Cool. I appreciate the insight. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I called Colt today and as it sits, they have been discontinued for almost 2 years. I was inquiring about a barrel extension if they could tell me whether or not it was patterned after sr25 or dpms. It is proprietary, so the Geissele reaction rod likely wont work.

I had mine switched to a socom brake from Surefire. Not sure how the gun shop did it a
    Few years ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I had mine switched to a socom brake from Surefire. Not sure how the gun shop did it a
    Few years ago.
    Im going to remove the handguard. Its really the only way I can see doing so with the least probability of damaging something. I may try the reaction rod from geissele. If it doesn’t fit they told me they’d refund me and not hit me with a restock fee.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a Sig suppressor brake / adapter. I’m lost here, what’s the problem ?
    I’m a little slow so ....
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast