Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I've tried searching online, but can't find what changed between the LE901 and the CM762. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks.
    LE901 has a monolithic upper and an integral folding front sight on the gas block. Some of the uppers are quad rails, then later on had some sort of slim mono upper with propriety rail attachments. Later they made an AR901 with a tube rail instead of monolith upper. Early versions came with the 5.56 conversion magwell and spring/buffer.

CM762 is a 16” (762x51) or 18” (6.5CM) barreled with a MLOK rail (15/17”). Same lower but doesn’t come with a conversion kit, although both can take it and a milspec upper.

Lowers are the same.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    LE901 has a monolithic upper and an integral folding front sight on the gas block. Some of the uppers are quad rails, then later on had some sort of slim mono upper with propriety rail attachments. Later they made an AR901 with a tube rail instead of monolith upper. Early versions came with the 5.56 conversion magwell and spring/buffer.

CM762 is a 16” (762x51) or 18” (6.5CM) barreled with a MLOK rail (15/17”). Same lower but doesn’t come with a conversion kit, although both can take it and a milspec upper.

Lowers are the same.
    Sweet thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I've tried searching online, but can't find what changed between the LE901 and the CM762. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks.
    Colt LE901-16SE (with KAC rail covers attached)

Colt LE901-16S

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'lll do a bit of reiterating of well made points. I put a G SSA trigger and used the pins that came with and they didnt work their way out. Little short if I recall. Yes you can do an A5 if you want to use XH buffer but make sure you buy the 6 or 7 position (longer) A5 tube. I have not done it, but might. My gun came new with plenty of lube and fit n finish was fine. Hey guys, are your 6.5 barrels SS and shiny? slight complaint is the shiny. The 6.5's dont come with BUIS. In Colt form, mine came with a 30 round 556 pmag lol.

Im very impressed so far, somebody rock the A5 and hit us with range report. Mine ran pretty nice suppressed, I run a Sig can on mine and they handle gas the best of my cans.

Hope this helps.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear about your exp, it seems that a lot of the 901s floating around have either been parts builds or sitting on the showroom for years.
    I coated my 2nd rifle with oil and rubbed it down with a cloth. Most of the marks either came out or were reduced to the point that they no longer show. I just need to get one of those anodizing pens to fix up the specs where the bare aluminum is showing. To their credit, Arms Unlimited did promptly issue a refund to my credit card the day it arrived back to them. As of this moment, they have not updated the description on their website. They're being very unethical in my opinion by misrepresenting what they're selling. I'll be very wary about purchasing from them again. I did write a review, so we'll get to see if negative reviews get posted or not. I shot the 2nd rifle yesterday and it ran 100%. I'm looking forward to getting a nice optic on it in order to see what it can do.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Picked up my CM762-16 today.

Like others, it came in the standard Colt box which said it has an 18" barrel when it fact it is a 16" barrel.

Overall fit is fine except it was missing a roll pin from the ambi bolt release lever, but I replaced that myself when I got home.

Finish is fine, typical Colt with small scuffs here and there. Nothing deep, but if you are a Colt owner, you know what I mean.

Lower is rollmarked (MCC005xxx) and has all ambi controls. Upper has a square forge mark (no C). Carrier has a light "C" mark.

Barrel marked 308 WIN with a "C", gas block has 2 screws and is also pinned.

MLOK rail seems well made and has no T-marks or manufacture marks, only the COLT billboard on both sides. Very smooth, no sharp edges.

It came with the VLTOR stock, Front & Rear Magpul Pro sights, 1x PMAG 20LR, plus some cheap cleaning gear (multi-piece rod and bore brush), and a user manual showing the 16" and a 13" SBR model.

Will update when I get to the range with it, but so far it looks good.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 07-01-19 at 13:57.

Feedback Score
    Picked up my CM762-16 today.
    Who did you get it from?

Like others, it came in the standard Colt box which said it has an 18" barrel when it fact it is a 16" barrel.
    Was the error on the factory Colt label or simply written on the box?

Overall fit is fine except it was missing a roll pin from the ambi bolt release lever, but I replaced that myself when I got home.
    Very odd. That's the same issue that the LE901-16SE I received from Arms Unlimited had.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Bought it from Classic Firearms but I believe they drop shipped it from a warehouse. The 18" is the factory printed label and it isn't corrected at all.

Took me a minute to figure out what was wrong with the ambi bolt release, but then it became obvious that a roll pin was missing. Found one that fit in my parts boxes and installed it in a minute and then it works great.

Obviously someone on the Colt CM762 assembly line needs some remedial training on lower assembly.

Feedback Score
    Has any one used an A2 type butt stock with the 901?
    Just curious if it is more trouble than benefit, understanding I loose the adjustable stock.
    I am a fan of the A2 stock, or something like it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    Has any one used an A2 type butt stock with the 901?
    Just curious if it is more trouble than benefit, understanding I loose the adjustable stock.
    I am a fan of the A2 stock, or something like it.
    Nope, I just sold the OEM VLTOR stock and will be putting on a BCM Mod 0.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast