Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score

Colt CM762

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im running a G-SSA on my 6.5 with no issues, FWIW. I too would like to put a bigger optic to test accuracy. We shot some very tight groups with my Burris 1-8 so I gotta think with a 4-16- it just might be a one hole wonder. Such cool guns for so cheap, its crazy.

PB
    Thats good to know. I found a relatively recent thread about the SSP and 308 lowers from barf.com, and Geissele even stated that they recommend the SSA or SSAE for 7.62 rifles. Everything else may or may not work from what I gathered. Just too many variations in specs with AR-10 pattern rifles.

But I did install the SSP in my Springfield Victor 5.56, and put the single stage nickel boron flat bow from it in my Colt CM. Everything works as it should and it has a better pull than the factory milspec. Im still going to pick up an SSA or SSAE for the Colt though.
    They really are great rifles. I feel they’re underrated to be honest. And for what I paid, it was a helluva deal. I look for to seeing what I can pull of with the Vudu and some of my ELD ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Rhino, are you buying just to have backups in stock or....?
    Backups only. If it's a weapon I'm serious about keeping / shooting, I keep a decent stock of springs, pins, detents, etc on hand.

It has payed off already, getting firearms backup after a small parts breakage or more typically the flying detent / spring during cleaning that you can't find, etc.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    They really are great rifles. I feel they’re underrated to be honest. And for what I paid, it was a helluva deal
    Agreed - considering the Magpul Pros that came with them are $150 in sights on the CM762, it wasn't much more than a standard Colt AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Agreed - considering the Magpul Pros that came with them are $150 in sights on the CM762, it wasn't much more than a standard Colt AR-15.
    Its crazy. Lol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So have these completely dried up?

Has anyone actually had to find new parts yet for theirs? Is Colt helpful with service, or are you better off begging elsewhere?

I would mainly want to be able to get new BCG's and barrels if I did buy one.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Arms unlimited has the bcg, and Brownells did have the 901 barrels, but not sure if they still do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    I got my Geissele SSP trigger in the mail today. Got it installed and there is no reset when holding the trigger and then releasing. Working the action after the trigger is pulled without holding it down resets it. Im wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the SSP and Colt tolerances with the lower. Ive read before that some 308 rifles have the issue with the SSP, but didn’t know if Colt did.

Geissele made replacement Pins for the 901, that are for correcting these kind of issues from my understanding.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stjames9 View Post
    Geissele made replacement Pins for the 901, that are for correcting these kind of issues from my understanding.
    I bought longer pins from G, but my SSA still worked but they pins were short. Probably not critical, Id contact G and see what they say.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I dont think its the pins. I reused the factory pins. From the thread on another forum that Geissele responded to, they recommend the SSA or SSAE for AR-10 rifles, and that other triggers may or may not work due to the variations in specs between manufacturers. Im gunna pick up an SSAE and see.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    So have these completely dried up?
    Yes - there are some on Gunbroker occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Has anyone actually had to find new parts yet for theirs?
    Brownells had a bunch of stuff but it's all going out of stock.

Considering I split 308 ammo between the CM762 and my SCAR 17, mine will see relatively light use of maybe 500rds per year after I get used to it / optics dialed in, I so I'm not overly concerned with with a BCG or barrel. I thought about getting one of the replacement barrels but they were out of stock before I went back. I do have most of the springs, pins, and smaller parts aside from the receiver, barrel, and BCG.

It's a rifle I like and plan to shoot it - If it breaks I'll call Colt and see what they can do. I venture they'll pull the design back out again in a couple years and make some more or put some FMS extras on the civie market when that happens again.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast