Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    What were your groups?
    I only shot 1 x 5-shot group at 100yds after zeroing with PPU M80 145gr FMJ, it was right at 2 inches - which is more than acceptable considering the ammo, my relatively newness with the rifle / optic, and I wasn't concentrating on a slow deliberate group and fired all 5 shots in well under a minute before moving on to 100/200/300/340 yd steel. The first 2 shots were nearly on top of each other and the others clustered around it.

I think the potential is there for it to be a pretty accurate rifle with the right load and I plan to try to group it more deliberately when it warms up a tad and I have everything I want ready - yesterday ended up being more of a rough zero with the NF and confirmation it's putting the M80 rounds where I aim, either via holds or dialing elevation. Which it did with no complaints.

Feedback Score
    With the 1 in 12 twist I think the 168's would do well.
    I have shot my 'se' model with surplus, ( I have a bunch on hand) and it was functioned without issue around an one inch + group.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/imi/2...match-ammo-imi

This ammo is interesting too.

Good shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtscout View Post
    With the 1 in 12 twist I think the 168's would do well.
    I have shot my 'se' model with surplus, ( I have a bunch on hand) and it was functioned without issue around an one inch + group.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/imi/2...match-ammo-imi

This ammo is interesting too.

Good shooting.
    I think so too. I plan on seeing what these do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I only shot 1 x 5-shot group at 100yds after zeroing with PPU M80 145gr FMJ, it was right at 2 inches - which is more than acceptable considering the ammo, my relatively newness with the rifle / optic, and I wasn't concentrating on a slow deliberate group and fired all 5 shots in well under a minute before moving on to 100/200/300/340 yd steel. The first 2 shots were nearly on top of each other and the others clustered around it.

I think the potential is there for it to be a pretty accurate rifle with the right load and I plan to try to group it more deliberately when it warms up a tad and I have everything I want ready - yesterday ended up being more of a rough zero with the NF and confirmation it's putting the M80 rounds where I aim, either via holds or dialing elevation. Which it did with no complaints.
    I’ve only done close up suppressed shooting with my LE and will be zero’ing my Elcan in a couple weeks so I was curious to see what I’ll be grouping. I have a ton of PPU, MKE and premium ammo... going to try it all.

Feedback Score
    Picked up my CM762 online a couple of weeks ago. Got the Steiner M536 with the 7.62 reticle for it last week. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I like the look and feel of it.

CM762.jpg

CM7.62.jpg
    Last edited by StangFan; 02-12-20 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    Sweet! I love mine!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    I think so too. I plan on seeing what these do.

You should do well with those. I would also try one box of 175’s.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You should do well with those. I would also try one box of 175’s.

PB
    I think I will. Im trying to find out the load it likes best and stock up on it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a CM762 and a Dead Air Nomad waiting for a form 4. I would like to reduce the gas flow for 100% suppressed use with a gas block insert. What would be a good gas port size to use? I'm not able to find good data for suppressed 308 gas ports like I can find for 556.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller View Post
    I have a CM762 and a Dead Air Nomad waiting for a form 4. I would like to reduce the gas flow for 100% suppressed use with a gas block insert. What would be a good gas port size to use? I'm not able to find good data for suppressed 308 gas ports like I can find for 556.
    Shoot it suppressed first and see if you really need to mod the gun. It could be gassed just fine.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast