Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    I got lucky with mine. Went to buy and literally everywhere was out. Then my lgs had one on the wall. Glad I scored when I did. I just wish I had picked up two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have been on a cleaning binge since I'm in lock down. I went to clean my Colt 6.5 CM, the under-gassed one. It seemed to barely get dirty which is nuts, especially with running a can 100% of the time. I know most people got their Colts fixed but I kept mine suppressor friendly. Just an observation.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice. Mine is more on the over-gassed side of the house - I tried an Orange Sprinco (made for over-gassed carbine RE 308s) and it worked well for the first half of the mags, then started Failing to feed, the bolt was coming back forward too soon / fast and catching the rounds before the ass end was in position to be loaded, resulting in bolt over base. I only did it with the D&H mags, so maybe the PMAGs would have been better, but I switched it back to the OEM spring and its working fine again, albeit over-gassed (Prvi M80 ejects enthusiastically to 1 o'clock).

I want to put a Brakeout 2.0 on it, but they are OOS everywhere, so I'm going to try a BCM Comp on it for awhile. I'm sure once I get the BCM installed, the 762 Brakeout 2.0s will come back in stock - that's the way it always goes, eh?

Even over-gassed, I enjoy shooting it and the steel at 350yds (limits of the range) leaves no doubt that it's taken a hit from 762x51, compared to 5.56.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nice. Mine is more on the over-gassed side of the house - I tried an Orange Sprinco (made for over-gassed carbine RE 308s) and it worked well for the first half of the mags, then started Failing to feed, the bolt was coming back forward too soon / fast and catching the rounds before the ass end was in position to be loaded, resulting in bolt over base. I only did it with the D&H mags, so maybe the PMAGs would have been better, but I switched it back to the OEM spring and its working fine again, albeit over-gassed (Prvi M80 ejects enthusiastically to 1 o'clock).

I want to put a Brakeout 2.0 on it, but they are OOS everywhere, so I'm going to try a BCM Comp on it for awhile. I'm sure once I get the BCM installed, the 762 Brakeout 2.0s will come back in stock - that's the way it always goes, eh?

Even over-gassed, I enjoy shooting it and the steel at 350yds (limits of the range) leaves no doubt that it's taken a hit from 762x51, compared to 5.56.
    Yea, that Privi is smoking hot. A brake will make it more fun to shoot, no doubt.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yes, I've always been very happy with Prvi M80 / M193 loads - definitely feels up to spec. Been shooting it for many years and never had an issue with either of them.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Went back to the OEM buffer spring and installed a 762 BCM Comp on the CM762. Finally got to shoot it today and recoil is definitely tamed down a bit. Tightened up the zero and range steel at 100 yds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What did you run with the last buffer set up?

PB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So has anyone put a 308 receiver extension and used a normal carbine buffer with it? Does that work? Is it advantageous?

Feedback Score
    Im not sure why someone would. The weapon is designed in conjunction with 5.56 compatibility, so running a larger extension wouldn’t make much sense.

Are you thinking of trying an Ar10 carrier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What did you run with the last buffer set up?

PB
    The OEM 308 buffer and Springco Red; worked for a bit before getting bolt over base failures. I’m back with the OEM 308 and spring it came with.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast