Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I bought my LE901 off of GunBroker for $1500ish about three years ago. For that price, I felt it was a good value

Feedback Score
    I don’t personally feel the DD or LMT rifles are drastically better though. FWIW my little brother has an SR25 and an LMT and they don’t necessarily outperform the Colt considering the much higher price. However, the KAC is a very nice weapon, and the LMT is as well, but I seriously doubt the Colts will be seen at the prices they were last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    I don’t personally feel the DD or LMT rifles are drastically better though.
    I would agree with this, but the thing one gained with choosing a $2500 DD/LMT over a $2500 Colt LE901 was that you knew that more than likely DD/LMT would be making / have parts / weapons available far more easily that Colt would. But when they dropped $1K+ off the sticker price, the Colt became far more attractive even with those potential short comings.

I would agree with the general assessment that the Colt LE901/CM762s perform very well. Mine hasn't been shot with anything other than PPU M80 out to 350yards and at that range hitting an 8" plate was a no brainer - unless I got cocky every shot was a hit. So with cheap FMJs it's holding near 2-ish MOA out to 350 and I'm by no means a precision shooter. More than capable as a battle rifle or even a semi-precision rifle.

Feedback Score
    Yup. Thats always been a downside to the Colt 901 family. The spare parts were and are still fairly hard to come by, all things considered. Although they seemed more abundant when the rifles were still in production, but they still seemed limited on the availability. Im fortunate to get what I did when I did, especially the complete bcg.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginge View Post
    Yup. Thats always been a downside to the Colt 901 family. The spare parts were and are still fairly hard to come by, all things considered. Although they seemed more abundant when the rifles were still in production, but they still seemed limited on the availability. Im fortunate to get what I did when I did, especially the complete bcg.

Especially since there’s nothing that’s compatible with an AR10/AR308. The 901 rifles are even less compatible due to the monolithic upper. I loved my LMT but someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse so I let it go. I’m not a DD fan and really believe the Supreme 3 are KAC, Larue and LMT but I love my Colt and pieced it together for less than 1100.00 when ArmsUnlimited was selling the lower and upper separately.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris View Post
    Especially since there’s nothing that’s compatible with an AR10/AR308. The 901 rifles are even less compatible due to the monolithic upper. I loved my LMT but someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse so I let it go. I’m not a DD fan and really believe the Supreme 3 are KAC, Larue and LMT but I love my Colt and pieced it together for less than 1100.00 when ArmsUnlimited was selling the lower and upper separately.
    I prefer the Colt over Larue, but the Larue is still a damn fine weapon. I dont have any experience with the DD 762 rifle, but I do have a v1 m4. Its a nice weapon, but I dont shoot it much anymore. Yeah the hard part for me now is finding the ambi parts and pins for the lower. I doubt theyd fail, but Im just one of those that wants spares. Lol. I got my bcg from AU. Them and brownells were the only ones aside from gunbroker to reliably score parts for them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have played some pretty dramatic musical guns with my modern 308 rifles. I have had went from Larue OBR > LMT> Scar 17 > HK > SCAR 17 > Larue PredatOBR > to LE901 and SCAR 20.

I am pretty happy with where I am now. I initially bought the Colt because it was cheap but I actually turned out to be one of my favorite in a “Battle rifle” roll. It is 8.4 pounds with a monolithic receiver, heavy barrel and heat shield with very robust iron sights. I feel like it is more ergonomic and better shooting than the SCARs I have had. If I was looking for a battle rifle I would put it ahead of the others even at 2400 dollars.

In the DMR roll it falls short. But that is why is still have a SCAR 20. I would love to see the Colt Canada C20 offered. The accuracy testing results seem to indicate it is an incredibly accurate rifle.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 10-11-20 at 22:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I have played some pretty dramatic musical guns with my modern 308 rifles. I have had went from Larue OBR > LMT> Scar 17 > HK > SCAR 17 > Larue PredatOBR > to LE901 and SCAR 20.

I am pretty happy with where I am now. I initially bought the Colt because it was cheap but I actually turned out to be one of my favorite in a “Battle rifle” roll. It is 8.4 pounds with a monolithic receiver, heavy barrel and heat shield with very robust iron sights. I feel like it is more ergonomic and better shooting than the SCARs I have had. If I wa Solomon hb for a battle rifle I would put it ahead of the other even at 2400 dollars.

In the DMR roll it falls short. But that is why is still have a SCAR 20. I would love to see the Colt Canada C20 offered. The accuracy testing results seem to indicate it is an incredibly accurate rifle.
    I agree with this. The Colt definitely performs much higher than its price tag. I would love to see some C20s come out. But this weapon was designed more as a battle rifle than a DMR so I don’t expect it to perform as well as other rifles better suited in that role. My current DMR role is being filled with a 224 Valkyrie with a 22” .936 Bartlein. Its not light. I do want a scar 20. The ones Ive played with were pretty tits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yes at that price you could just about buy a DD or LMT. I don't think Colt ever sold the 901's for $1,400 but I could be wrong. I thought just that batch of CM's. Still not worth $2,400 plus tax.
    Arms Unlimited sold pieced together LE901-16SE's at that price with parts that they purchased from Colt. After returning the jacked up one that I purchased from Arms Unlimited, I bought a Colt factory built one from MrGunDealer.com for $1522.49 delivered on 06/14/19.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Arms Unlimited sold pieced together LE901-16SE's at that price with parts that they purchased from Colt. After returning the jacked up one that I purchased from Arms Unlimited, I bought a Colt factory built one from MrGunDealer.com for $1522.49 delivered on 06/14/19.
    I actually didn’t know that they pieced them together.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast