Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt CM762

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Was there a change or update to the gas port size or location?

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Reports I've seen around the internet concerning the previous version (LE901/AR901) were that is was very gassy suppressed, with lots of people swapping to adjustable gas blocks.

I have been looking for a GP 308 semi to shoot without a suppressor and have been thinking long on this. Would love an LMT or KAC, but for a GP 308 out to 400-600M, those are overkill. And the CM762 IS a COLT after all and for $1300, it's hard to not consider, even with proprietary parts (which lets be honest, most 308s have some to a lot of).
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Clearly a misrepresentation from 'ArmsUnlimited' ...I had no idea....and why would Colt allow this to happen?
    I purchased from 'GrabaGun' and paid the $1800...the price has lowered somewhat since then.
    The carbine arrived with the rail covers manual and Colt labeled cartoon.
    Zero conversion kit.

Still, mine is a carbine I do have confidence in ... and is a pleasure to shoot.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I posted this in the Precision semi auto sub forum: More good info on this subject in this thread:

I recently purchased a Colt CM 6.5 CM. It has a 18 inch SS rifle length gas Sytem. Has a 17 inch very sturdy Mlok rail. The rail has a notch into the upper so it cant rotate. Full ambi controls. Colt Defense built rifle.

My two primary concerns were, is it going to be hugely over gassed ? Is it going to be accurate?

Mark started out on the gun, first round short stroked. It kept short stroking. Doing this while we are sighting in the gun. We popped on the Sig 762 can and the brass floated out to 3- 3:30 and shot like a pretty soft. We got the gun sighted in.

We shot the first group with S&B $11/box ammo and shot a clean Sub Moa group. Now I did this with a $179 Primary Arms 1-8 cheapo scope. Then we loaded up some Hornady 140grain match ammo and shot .5 Moa group.

I paid $1,400 for this gun and it impressed me beyond measure. If your looking for a price sensitive AR10, might want to give them a look. Mark may have pics to post of the targets.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I have the Marc 901 and I enjoy mine. I’m glad colt made the new mlok version since they will not release the mlok monolithic version that colt Canada has. Mine shoots MOA or better with hornady 168gr amax. Glad to hear that the CM762 shoots well. They’re good guns
    Colt doesn't want to pay royalties on the monolithic upper design.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Colt doesn't want to pay royalties on the monolithic upper design.
    I love my 6945 monolithic 10.3 , but they may be better off without it. A 17 inch mlok may be preferred by many on a 18 inch 6.5 CM.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Took my CM762 out to the range yesterday. Color me impressed. Subpar environment, but it still shoot quite well!

Shooting surplus ammo: Austrian Hirtengerger at what would be probably 70 or 80 yards.

Feedback Score
    If you're looking for one of the discontinued 5.56x45 adaptors, they're available on GunBroker for $114 delivered without the 5.56x45 buffer and spring.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/818632711
    I received mine today and it looks great. I should have my replacement rifle in a couple of days.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Finally made this purchase, $1395 delivered for the CM762-16S.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Finally made this purchase, $1395 delivered for the CM762-16S.
    Congrats on the fine purchase. Hit us up with range report. What optic are you going to toss on it ?

PB

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What optic are you going to toss on it ?
    Probably going to put my Vortex PST Gen2 1-6x24 on it first, since it's been without a permanent home since the NX8 kicked it off a BCM AR. I had a Razor 1-6 for awhile and must be the only person underwhelmed compared to the PST Gen 2, especially considering the $600 difference between the two.

I could try the NX8 1-8 or a NXS 2.5-10x24 too; however I have no intent to work it as a precision rifle after initial sight in / zero, just a GP 308 rifle, spitting some of the plentiful M80 I have on hand out to a couple hundred yards.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast