Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.5" gun belt

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Expanding off my post above, I found out that I have an Aegis enhonaced. Maybe the regular version would be better, but I’m over it as a carry belt. I tried yesterday and it just doesn’t work in shorts and a t-shirt when carrying AIWB. I’m probably going to go back to the Volund belts. Not as attractive, but I used one for years as an EDC belt before the Ares, and I still use another one as my uniform belt. Very secure and low profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have two First Spear First Line belts. They are great and the black one I wear in a suit for any dig pro or court, etc.

I recently have been running a NexBelt as it’s a ratchet type system and it is very nice.

Both are worth a look but I can’t say enough good things about the First Line belt from First Spear.

US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    I have two First Spear First Line belts. They are great and the black one I wear in a suit for any dig pro or court, etc.

I recently have been running a NexBelt as it’s a ratchet type system and it is very nice.

Both are worth a look but I can’t say enough good things about the First Line belt from First Spear.

Nice - do you have one of their alligator belts? If so, what do you think of it?

I like those ratcheting belts, but have been wanting a black alligator one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don’t have an alligator belt but just a normal tan colored nylon belt. But I’m a big fan of the system. Makes carrying super easy.

I will probably buy another belt but one that works with a suit better.

US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    I don't know where you guys are working/living where wearing an obvious "shoot me first" type belt is socially acceptable or reasonable. Anyone who has even passing knowledge of anything vaguely tactical will know a web belt for what it is at first glance. The First Spear First Lines are cool looking, tho, and aren't as obvious.

My go to belt has been a Magpul Tejas. Hybrid belt designs have proven themselves to be a very worthy decision. When someone sees the belt, it takes an incredibly focused and trained eye to determine that the belt is designed to hold up a gun: you'd have to first see the belt loop holes, then note that the belt holes are closer than usual, and then realize that is because it is a bi-layer belt meant to support a firearm. Even close examination of your belt line won't outwardly reveal what you're wearing. Plus, the polymer layer that is against your pants won't absorb any sweat, stretch, or significantly sag/roll.

If you've never tried a composite belt, specifically one made of two materials either in a bi-layer or with an inner core, you should consider them.

Double layer, all leather belts are just double the shitty material that will stretch, deform with moisture, sop on sweat, etc.

NB: I've worn the Tejas into court several times and received compliments regarding my belt specifically. From lawyers. CONCEALMENT is the operative word of concealed carry, and if a style conscious lawyer wants to know who made my belt, they aren't thinking that it is holding up an RMR'd G19.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 08-01-19 at 00:57. Reason: what style has to do with concealment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12