Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sleazy and Creepy Self-Help Guru That is Tony Robbins

Feedback Score

The Sleazy and Creepy Self-Help Guru That is Tony Robbins

I have waited decades for the truth to start to come out about Tony Robbins, author, guru, sleazebag, low-life.

I shall now gleefully and enthusiastically rag on this adulterous, wife-stealing piece of crap that some people think is God.

Yes, Tony Robbins, it's your turn.

I know it's anecdotal and I won't go into detail, but I have known a couple of people over the years who know him very well and claimed he was a wife-stealing adulterer with no morals (unless a jackal has morals).

So now that there is corroborating evidence, I'm happy to post the allegations about this piece of dogshit.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...f-help-secrets

Robbins guards his empire with intense secrecy. Employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements, and audiences who attend his multiday coaching camps must sign contracts forbidding them from recording what goes on inside.

A yearlong investigation by BuzzFeed News, based on leaked recordings, internal documents, and dozens of interviews with fans and insiders, reveals how Robbins has berated abuse victims and subjected his followers to unorthodox and potentially dangerous techniques. And former female fans and staffers have accused him of inappropriate sexual advances.

Two former followers who went on to work for Robbins provided BuzzFeed News with signed statements swearing under oath that they felt he had sexually harassed them by repeatedly pursuing them after they made clear they weren’t interested. Two more women who worked as his assistants said Robbins expected them to work alone with him when he was naked in his hotel room or in the shower. And another former employee said she was fired after having a consensual sexual relationship with Robbins. The events described by all five women took place in the 1990s and early 2000s, when Robbins’ fame was skyrocketing and before he married his second wife.
    Secret recordings and transcripts from inside his events reveal Robbins has unleashed expletive-laden tirades on survivors of rape and domestic violence after inviting them to share their stories in front of a vast audience. “She’s ****ing using all this stuff to try and control men,” he said after one woman said she had been raped. When, in 2018, another woman said her husband was physically violent and emotionally abusive, Robbins accused her of “lying” and asked: “Does he put up with you when you’ve been a crazy bitch?”

Interviews and records reveal how Robbins has created a highly sexualized environment in which both men and women have been told to touch themselves intimately and simulate orgasms — but he has repeatedly singled women out of the crowd for more personal attention. One secret recording from 2018 captured him laughing as he told a woman in the audience that he wanted her to “come up onstage and make love to me.” And two former bodyguards told BuzzFeed News they were sent out to trawl audiences for attractive women on Robbins’ behalf. Two women told BuzzFeed News they had witnessed it or experienced it themselves.
    I can't copy and paste some of his statements from the article without redacting the obscenities. Suffice it to say he denies the allegations and doubles down on his "methods." Tony, please, PLEASE do society a favor and kill yourself.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Robbins probably IS dogshit, but on the other hand, Buzzfeed hasn't yet met a male they don't think is dogshit. Maybe if you're gay or trans, they'll upgrade you to catshit...

Feedback Score
    I'll be fair and post his response:

https://medium.com/@TonyRobbins/an-o...s-e78f2c11e8af

This letter is one that I would have preferred not to write.

I have been the target of a year-long investigation by BuzzFeed. Unfortunately, your organization has made it clear to my team that you intend to move forward with publishing an inaccurate, agenda-driven version of the past, pierced with falsehoods. It is intended to disparage me personally, my family, my life’s work, and the efforts of the millions of individuals around the globe who have taken this journey with me over the last 40-plus years.

Please see this video with one person’s account of how your reporters so eagerly tossed her truth aside: https://youtu.be/xJ3kWMBJE5Y

To put it in the words of your own reporters, you are preparing to publish an article with the malicious intent to “take Tony Robbins down.”

You have denied my team’s requests to meet with you in-person to present key evidence that contradicts your false allegations. You do not seek the truth; you seek to further your own agenda.

After more than a year-long investigation by your online entertainment company, you allege that approximately 20–30 years ago — when I was in my 20’s and early 30’s — I was negligent with both my employees and individuals who chose to attend my seminars. You also allege (through anonymous sources) that I pursued conflicting intimate relationships. Your claims range from indistinct to ridiculous.

We have evidence to prove that your reporters rejected and otherwise ignored factual accounts from several individuals you contacted. In some cases, those individuals were even harassed and lied to when their accounts did not align with Buzzfeed’s predetermined thesis.

What stands out — even in today’s sea of mis-representation and journalistic corner-cutting — is the 2014 report by the industry-standard, non-partisan, Pew Research Center which cites Buzzfeed as “the least trusted news source” of them all. So, it stands to reason that you are presently facing financial, organizational, and management troubles. BuzzFeed is unapologetically fueling the current cultural divide by targeting well-known individuals with false allegations to boost its readership and serve its shareholders.

Let me be clear, while my open-classroom therapeutic methods are not for everyone, and while I am on my best day still only an imperfect human being, I have never behaved in the reckless, irresponsible, or malicious manner intimated by false, unfounded, and incendiary allegations suggested by BuzzFeed story-tellers.

Several individuals have contacted us to let us know that you attempted to manipulate their testimony and, in some cases, even ignored their legal counsel when they pointed out inaccuracies and mischaracterizations of their client’s personal accounts at the hands of your reporters.

Why didn’t you listen to what these individuals had to say and instead choose to proceed with inverted truths as your central narrative?

Your organization cannot claim objectivity or journalistic integrity when your written ethics and standards policy claims that in “activism” issues “there are not two sides.” As we all know, in the context of a just democracy, there are always two sides.

In my six decades on this earth, I’ve had the privilege to work with leaders like Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Princess Diana, presidents of countries, and international companies, not to mention millions of dedicated human beings from over 100 countries around the world. Never in my life have I witnessed a cultural climate quite like the one we’re living in today. This is an era marked by deeply-divided environments where click-bait headline news is designed to instigate a polarized public, grab their attention, and incite minds on constant-alert, waiting for the next notification to react to and believe the worst.

The foundation of what we teach in my seminars and audio programs hinges on understanding the power and impact of human belief systems, the importance of clarifying one’s values, and the constant effect that language has in shaping our emotions and our lives.

To understand how our country’s discourse has deteriorated into constant conflict, consider the world’s foremost dictionaries recent Word of the Year selections:

In 2016 Oxford Dictionary chose: “post-truth”
    In 2017 Collins Dictionary chose: “fake news”
    In 2018 Dictionary.com chose: “mis-information”
    The very heart of my life’s work is empowering others to find the TRUTH that sets them free — the honesty and authenticity to breakthrough and expand. For more than 40 years I’ve encouraged people to seek the tools of transformation to grow into the men and women they dream to be in order to live the fulfilling lives they envision for their highest self. Through the course of my career, more than 50 million people have utilized my teachings — this includes more than 4 million people who have attended live events in-person.

My record is nearly a half-century long. I stand on that.

We need to start having a different nature of conversations in a very different way. Real change is nothing but finding new patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving that meets our collective needs on a deeper level than the previous pattern. This current pattern is no longer serving our highest good. We demonize human beings for simply being human. If we learn from our mistakes we will evolve into better human beings.

Amidst all the divisiveness in the world today, I truly believe there is a yearning and a calling within all of us for a kinder way — a life of compassion, forgiveness, and a desire to live as brothers and sisters. I pray that, out of all of this, we can choose to unite rather than separate; to drop our judgments and criticisms, and look for the goodness in each other. We are all human beings doing the best we can. It’s time we come together.

Millions of people have experienced life-changing breakthroughs and transformations on our journey of growth and I invite them to join me now to stop BuzzFeed and others from tearing our society down by denying and mischaracterizing the truth. Enough is enough.

-Tony Robbins
    My take: I don't believe him for one micro-second, even if Buzzfeed shares in its own sleazy practices.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 05-17-19 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So like you're the Mickey Spillane of M4C now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Bro, don't rain on my parade. I'm enjoying this as much as you enjoy ogling AOC.

BTW, I'd swear she was in traffic behind me the other day. Petite Latina with long black hair driving a silver Jeep. Cheap sunglasses "with the glass so dark they won't even know your name." She was tiny--didn't even reach the top of the headrest. Yet, she could have been AOC's twin. Cue Van Halen's "Panama."

Let me leave you with that image, Bro. I thought of you as she turned at the next intersection.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    His hat is a dead giveaway.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

I know it's anecdotal and I won't go into detail, but I have known a couple of people over the years who know him very well and claimed he was a wife-stealing adulterer with no morals (unless a jackal has morals).
    [/B]
    The funny thing is that real jackals are actually quite monogamous creatures.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, before I google him, who is Tony Robbins, and why should this be news?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    In a nutshell, he is one of those self-help motivational types that businessmen love. He was praised extensively by Glenn Beck among others. He writes books on how to retire rich, increase your sales, and other financial subjects. He also delves into a lot of other stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    When you google him it’ll click who he is. He’s been around forever. I’d be confident 100% you’ve seen him

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast