Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 20 and hot loads

Feedback Score
    I hunt (deer) with the Underwood Xtreme Hunter Ammo. They are accurate and a great bullet. I have a G40. Also have great success with Underwood XTP loads.

Feedback Score
    I realize I am very late to this conversation but I wanted to share this anyway as I think it could help. I have a Gen 3 Glock 20 that I bought in 2001 and I have shot Buffalo Bore ammo, including their hard cast ammo, through it a lot for about 6 or 7 years now. it's my home defense gun and I keep it loaded with both Buffalo Bore 220gr hard cast and 180gr jacketed hollow point ammo.

You are completely fine shooting any kind of Buffalo Bore ammo including their hard cast bullets in a Glock. Even though some Glock armorers may tell you that you need to stay away from the hard cast ammo because they could cause excessive wear on the polygonal rifling over time if shot a lot, however they will not foul up your Glock like standard lead rounds will. So shoot away. It's lead bullets that you need to stay away from. Don't shoot soft lead/cowboy bullets through a Glock. The rifling in the Glock barrel is different than that of 1911 pistols. The Glock barrel doesn't have lans and grooves so lead will get in the rifling troughs and cause the gasses to not escape which can lead to cracked barrels, fouled barrels, and shattered bullets, etc.. Also, Glocks have very strong barrels and can handle Buffalo Bore +P (increased pressure) rounds. I have shot their +P ammo in all of my Glocks (19, 26, 43, 45, 21 and 20) and it (Buffalo Bore) is my primary carry ammo for all of my Glocks. I've also used Hornady and Underwood +P rounds. All of them perform well with no issues to the Glock barrels.

Here is a helpful article on Buffalo Bore's website written by, Tim Sundles, the owner trying to explain the confusion about shooting hard cast bullets in Glocks and how they will not foul a Glock barrel.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...duct_list&c=59
    Last edited by tony_tbone; 11-03-19 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My Gen3 20, I added a 20lb recoil spring and have fired hot Double Tap 10mm. No issues.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    My Gen3 20, I added a 20lb recoil spring and have fired hot Double Tap 10mm. No issues.
    I did the same thing and have had the same experience...No issues.

Feedback Score
    Blue Dot powder
    And a good 180 or 200gr bullet like Hornady XTP.
    Might need to beef up your spring to 22# and change your barrel to a Wolf barrel for chamber support !
    Underwood has good 200gr Bonded factory loads for hunting.
    Last edited by RedTeam98; 04-12-22 at 19:15.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12