Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baton, which one

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Baton, which one

My son has taken an interest in Batons. Which one to get? Are the pricy ones that much better than the cheaper ones. I bought a cheap pone off Brownells, seems decent.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Duty or hobby?

I used an ASP repeatedly once on a very combative suspect. He told me to "f*ck off", and I broke my hand to pieces in that fight.

I have since bought a Kogawood Straight Baton and it does the trick.

For collapsible batons, the Peacekeeper RCB is the minimum that should be carried.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Baton, which one

Peacekeeper is the KAC of batons. X2 there

Loved my 24” staff of justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I carried an ASP for years, they work but they’re not as good as 24” of hickory. I was in a Bruce Siddle class where he opined that most average cops were only effective for one or two strikes then things went downhill precipitously. After that there was much flailing and fodder for law suits with little positive effect.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    In my experience the best batons looks a lot like Streamlight SL-20s.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the Peacekeeper is just about the best expandable baton.

I believe that one of the most useful things I learned was to 'stick' the strike. For some reason the concept of hitting 2 inches deep and letting it 'lay' for a moment made a real difference in felt impact.

I think it has to do with folks pulling the strike at impact to cock back for the next strike.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    This is an older pic, lots of things have changed on the belt. The 29" Kogawood Baton has not. It remains, at least in a way, my safety blanket lol. Plus, it gets lots of glances from people who may be hit with it soon, and maybe changes some minds.

I owned a Peacekeeper RCB when I was a county deputy, and I thought it was too bulky. It wasn't, carrying a straight stick is the definition of bulky.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    These are supposed to be pretty good, but I don't know...
    http://www.deenside.co.uk/deenside-p...e.php?pid=2734

I like the PR-24.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The aluminum expandable PR-24 is the hardest hitting baton I’ve ever used. It’s also wicked heavy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thank you for the replies guys. Good info in an area I have no experience.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast