Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baton, which one

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    This is an older pic, lots of things have changed on the belt. The 29" Kogawood Baton has not. It remains, at least in a way, my safety blanket lol. Plus, it gets lots of glances from people who may be hit with it soon, and maybe changes some minds.

I owned a Peacekeeper RCB when I was a county deputy, and I thought it was too bulky. It wasn't, carrying a straight stick is the definition of bulky.
    LOL mi amigo. Its a nice deterrant ehh? ha

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A 26" hardwood baton would serve anyone well. In the right hands, it can be used to control someone considerably larger in size than the person using the baton.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IDK what use/need the OP's son is trying to meet with a baton.

While straight sticks are nice, the problem is that very often, they are in the unit when you need them. The best thing about the expandable baton is that it is always with you.

On DV calls I would have mine out and concealed (collapsed) until I knew it wasn't needed.

For civilian usage, I don't think that a straight stick is more low profile than a tee-ball bat, and if push came to shove I'd rather have the tee-ball bat. As a civilian I'm not going for joint locks or pressure points with a baton.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Duty or hobby?

I used an ASP repeatedly once on a very combative suspect. He told me to "f*ck off", and I broke my hand to pieces in that fight.

I have since bought a Kogawood Straight Baton and it does the trick.

For collapsible batons, the Peacekeeper RCB is the minimum that should be carried.
    Never thwacked anyone with an ASP or similar, but always amazed at the complete lack of effect when watching vids of their use by LE. I'm sure they hurt, but appear of little value with a person who does not care about some pain, at least where LEOs are authorized to strike people with them.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Never thwacked anyone with an ASP or similar, but always amazed at the complete lack of effect when watching vids of their use by LE. I'm sure they hurt, but appear of little value with a person who does not care about some pain, at least where LEOs are authorized to strike people with them.
    Like anything, you need to practice - it takes me three times as many hits with a hammer to drive the same nail as someone who does it for a living.

Most police officers don't practice enough to ingrain good technique. There components of technique at work - hitting someone with an unlocked wrist and letting the baton bounce, versus hitting them with the intent to drive the baton through the appendage.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Those just piss people off more.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Yeah, but they sure hurt like hell when you’re a drunk GI in a bar fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Like anything, you need to practice - it takes me three times as many hits with a hammer to drive the same nail as someone who does it for a living.

Most police officers don't practice enough to ingrain good technique. There components of technique at work - hitting someone with an unlocked wrist and letting the baton bounce, versus hitting them with the intent to drive the baton through the appendage.
    I imagine where you hit makes a world of difference. Side of knee versus thigh, rib versus bicep, elbow versus shoulder, kidney versus glute.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I wonder if we need a "Staff of Learning" picture thread?

Hmmmm.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast