Thread: MI #17 Installation Questions:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MI #17 Installation Questions:

I just purchased a MidWest Industries #17 Rail for carbines. They were easy to install, I just put them on like regular handguards. But, I was left with one question?:
    Does anyone know what the allen head screws are for? The box came with no instructions, and I tightened the screws down (They were already maxed out), but it didn't seem to do anything.
    As far as reviews are concerned, it doesn't seem very solid compared to my LaRue 13.2, but for the price it looks decent. I am wondering if the instability may have to do with those mistery screws?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BushmasterFanBoy
    I just purchased a MidWest Industries #17 Rail for carbines. They were easy to install, I just put them on like regular handguards. But, I was left with one question?:
    Does anyone know what the allen head screws are for? The box came with no instructions, and I tightened the screws down (They were already maxed out), but it didn't seem to do anything.
    As far as reviews are concerned, it doesn't seem very solid compared to my LaRue 13.2, but for the price it looks decent. I am wondering if the instability may have to do with those mistery screws?
    The screws don't have anything to do with the stability of the rail. They are really only holding the end caps on.

Bryan
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

+1 to what Bryan said.

Don't adjust or move them.

For the Worlds Best Gunfighter Training
    Please visit http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/gunfighters

www.BravoCompanyUSA.com

www.BravoCompanyMFG.com

1 - 877 - BRAVO CO

Semper Fi !

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks very much everyone.

These rails do look great, have an excellent looking finish, and the machining is right up there with my LaRue.
    Like I said, my only complaint is that they seem a little loose, but hell for $130 you can't complain much.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

These rails do look great, have an excellent looking finish, and the machining is right up there with my LaRue.
    Like I said, my only complaint is that they seem a little loose, but hell for $130 you can't complain much.
    The MI #17 rails are NOT a FF rail so there is NO WAY for them to be as solid as a FF rail system. They a lot like the KAC RIS (which had play in them as well). They are not meant for mounting anything other than a flashlight and a VG.

C4

Feedback Score

I put these on a bushmaster 16" upper and they went on TIGHT...almost a little to tight. They are actually more solid feeling than the original grips.. but YMMV.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN
    I put these on a bushmaster 16" upper and they went on TIGHT...almost a little to tight. They are actually more solid feeling than the original grips.. but YMMV.
    They felt tight with nothing on them, but once I put my KAC Vertical Grip on and started torquing it real hard, you could feel them splitting apart. Granted I was pushing pretty hard but I just wanted to get a feel for them. I would say they are as tight as my Samco M33 plastic railed hanguards.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a #17 on my 10.5" LMT and there is zero play in them. I guess I've been using them since May/June timeframe and they are still rock solid.