Thread: “Site Selectors” and CZ USA

Feedback Score

“Site Selectors” and CZ USA

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meet-th..._copyURL_share

This sort of stuff infuriates me, but interesting to see how Asa Hutchinson went on a hunting trip with a consultant firm to bring CZ to Arkansas.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Influence selling that's all it is .
    It's not what you know, it's who you know.
    Underneath all this are politicians with hands out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I experienced this first hand when one of our local clients was looking to open another facility. We were looking at a site in Indiana.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have experience with this. It makes some sense for the business, but it's terrible for taxpayers. I would much rather work with a representative of the company than a head-hunter/site selector working on some type of sliding-scale commission. In the end, I believe some businesses wind up losing out by not choosing the better long-term prospect with less tangible benefits than $$$ incentives at the outset, but that's just how it works for publicly-held companies. I've seen more than a few privately-held companies take the long approach, leaving more upfront $$ on the table, and it's worked for them.

I have yet to see a really well-run incentive program run by any state or municipality wherein the taxpayers aren't left holding the bag at some point. Those types of programs, if they exist, probably don't offer as much upfront as others and are thereby less attractive to these 3rd party selectors.