Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve found the Ameriglo Agents to be superior to the HDs, at least in part due to the swoopy sharpness at the rear of the HDs. Worth trying out the Agents, if you can.
    I could not disagree more. Every Agents I have used were much duller than the Trijicon HD's, talking lamps and the reflectiveness (Not a word Will) of the colored front sight. The XR's fix the obnoxious sharpness of the HD's too. The Agents are priced way better though, and would serve most great. I just don't care for them very much being an avid HD user since their release.

Night Fissions offerings are about on par with the Ameriglo's for a good price as well. The free market is creating so many great options!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimMan View Post
    I've owned a Shield 45 and a SIG P365. I like both (have read that the Shield 45 trigger is much better than the 9, but no personal experience). The P365 has better sights, a very good trigger, and greater capacity (you can now even get a 15 round magazine) than the Shield 9. Both have hard to load magazines-stiff springs-when new. Both were very reliable and accurate for me; the P365 has nearly 2200 rounds through it and the Shield 45 had about 1600 through it before I sold it (after buying the SIG). We all have different grips and presentations, but the SIG points more naturally for me. They both carry well, but the SIG feels much smaller when carried. For the down side, the SIG is more expensive (the best price I've seen recently is about $470) and the magazines a pricy at about $35 or more.
    Shield 45 has both 1.0 and 2.0 versions. The 2.0 has a much better trigger than the 1.0, and will also have the "M2.0" on the side, while the 1.0 will not have anything but the caliber.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    PSA email had Shield 2.0 with Crimson Trace for 299.99.

I have 2, 1.0's lovingly touched by Doug at ATEI Guns
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    I have the Sig P365. The handgrip didn’t feel all that great to me. I came across an aluminum handgrip module with a beaver tail and palm swell. It fits like a glove now. I love this thing. I can fire it one handed with a sure grip.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And to add to the options, Sig is coming out with the P365XL, closer in size to the Shield w much higher mag capacity and built in beavertail.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    And to add to the options, Sig is coming out with the P365XL, closer in size to the Shield w much higher mag capacity and built in beavertail.
    Mark
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...ducing+P365+XL

Feedback Score
    I have both since I acquired the P365 a few months ago. I’ll be getting rid of my Shield. Yes the grip is small but it’s very concealable, nice trigger, very accurate and light weight. I’ve owned three M&P pistols and several Sigs. I’ve never had an issue with any of them.

Feedback Score
    I’ve got a Shield 1.0, G43, G26, and P365.
    The idea was to keep the one I like best and sell the other one, but I keep not wanting to sell one, then another great carry gun comes along.

Nearly 1200 rounds through the G43, less than 1000 through the Shield and about as many through the 365.

No issues with the Sig or S&W. Added a Talon grip to the G43 along with a flat Glock trigger, Glock night sights, and the latest connector.

I had read about some mag springs getting kinked in some Shields so I put Wolff springs in all my mags and added a Talon grip.

Now it seems like I shoot all of these guns about the same but I shoot the G26 like a full size gun.
    (I have small/medium hands.)

The Shield is my truck gun and I rotate between carrying the 365 and the 43.

For me the G43 seems a little easier to carry/conceal for some reason.

YMMV

ETA:
    I also use the Maglula loader.
    It’s life changing. :-)
    Last edited by mini14jac; 07-12-19 at 16:22.

Feedback Score
    For some reason, the G26 shoots better than a short, tubby pistol should! I did finally part with mine; the P365 is just too much easier to hide.
    KUSA, that grip conversion is neater than hell; can I ask where you got it, and what it cost? I'm guessing there will be beaucoup options for the Sigs, large and small, since the grip frame is just a hollow shell. Sig itself offer some.
    Moon

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast