Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Has anybody figured out how to make the trigger on the 365 usable?
    I live close to ATEi so for $75.00 the Shield triggers are fixed easily, he doesn't work on Sig's though so the mushy 6.5' with no real wall trigger on my 365 is a deal breaker this far.
    I'd like to dump the Shield because of the lower capacity but I shot the Shield so much better.

All I can find on the Sig is a site called Sig armorer that says they will fix it for $200.00 plus shipping. So probably about $280.00 total. That seems a little steep for a $400.00 gun.
    Surprised to hear that about your Sig trigger. Hopefully you didn't get a defective one. On my copy and the rental one I test fired, the Sig factory trigger was a significant improvement over my Shield 2.0--which I also liked a lot. Bottom line my accuracy and precision increased with the Sig trigger.

It's not a light trigger pull, for sure. After dry fire and about 1K rounds, my copy averages in the range of 6.0 - 6.25 lbs on the Lyman gauge. The pic shows 6 lbs 1oz. It has lightened a little after use, but from reading other reports I expect this is about normal. It has a fair amount of take-up, but it's smooth and consistent, and for me, nearly eliminates the issue I always had with the M&P pistol family of triggers: the sights move when the trigger breaks. With the Sig the trigger there's almost zero movement when the trigger breaks. It's roughly a pound heavier than I'd prefer, but I won't customize mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Surprised to hear that about your Sig trigger. Hopefully you didn't get a defective one. On my copy and the rental one I test fired, the Sig factory trigger was a significant improvement over my Shield 2.0--which I also liked a lot. Bottom line my accuracy and precision increased with the Sig trigger.

It's not a light trigger pull, for sure. After dry fire and about 1K rounds, my copy averages in the range of 6.0 - 6.25 lbs on the Lyman gauge. The pic shows 6 lbs 1oz. It has lightened a little after use, but from reading other reports I expect this is about normal. It has a fair amount of take-up, but it's smooth and consistent, and for me, nearly eliminates the issue I always had with the M&P pistol family of triggers: the sights move when the trigger breaks. With the Sig the trigger there's almost zero movement when the trigger breaks. It's roughly a pound heavier than I'd prefer, but I won't customize mine.

I bought two 365's the same day and gave one to my mom, I didn't weight her trigger but at the range I didn't shoot hers any better than mine so I'm not thinking they are defective.
    A family member that shoots competitions couldn't hit anything with mine at 10 yards so I'm not the only one having issues.
    He hit steel at 25yds with the shield and completely missed at 10 with the 365.
    We were joking that I was able to hit at 10yds and he missed, he us normally better than I am.
    Here are pics of 5 pull averages with the Lyman scale of both guns. I know the shield is a little light but I hit the target with it so at the moment I have more confidence in it.
    I live in the metro Detroit area so watching the news and seeing how common it is to see thugs running in packs, I want to be able to keep the 365 because of the capacity.
    It has 500rds through it and probably another 300 dry fire (snap caps) at the time the weight was taken.

P365

Shield

ETA: Myself and cousin both hit the plates at 20yds with a S&W 340sc airlite .357mag j-frame which has a 9 pound double action trigger, so I can't say 100% the weight of the Sig trigger is the issue because the j-frame is heavier.
    Last edited by .45fan; 10-20-19 at 13:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up on the rebate, I may finally pick up a 2.0 . My gen 1 is still plugging along nicely. Sam, what holsters do you need to move?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Sam, what holsters do you need to move?
    Hey friend, I'm going to send you a PM so we can communicate offline.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I called Grayguns and Apex today. Neither have a "kit" in the works at this time. Grayguns said the have the flat trigger but when I asked about weight reduction, she asked somebody in the back ground and he said it reduces take up and over travel but does nothing for the weight.
    So I guess it will not be in the carry rotation anytime soon, I'll keep shooting it and hope it gets better.

Apex said it is possible they might develop something in the future but said nothing is being worked on currently.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Took my Ritchie Stake Out iwb holster for my Shield to the gun store and tried the 365 in it. To my surprise, the 365 is slightly smaller than the Shield as the gun fits a little loose. How interesting ! Smaller gun, carry more cartridges, shoot as good or better due to the smoother trigger, recoil about the same or maybe even a little less than the bigger Shield.

BTW, the Glock 43 has the hardest recoil of these mini 9mm and most uncomfortable to shoot.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I bought two 365's the same day and gave one to my mom, I didn't weight her trigger but at the range I didn't shoot hers any better than mine so I'm not thinking they are defective.
    A family member that shoots competitions couldn't hit anything with mine at 10 yards so I'm not the only one having issues.
    He hit steel at 25yds with the shield and completely missed at 10 with the 365.
    We were joking that I was able to hit at 10yds and he missed, he us normally better than I am.
    Here are pics of 5 pull averages with the Lyman scale of both guns. I know the shield is a little light but I hit the target with it so at the moment I have more confidence in it.
    I live in the metro Detroit area so watching the news and seeing how common it is to see thugs running in packs, I want to be able to keep the 365 because of the capacity.
    It has 500rds through it and probably another 300 dry fire (snap caps) at the time the weight was taken.

P365

Shield

ETA: Myself and cousin both hit the plates at 20yds with a S&W 340sc airlite .357mag j-frame which has a 9 pound double action trigger, so I can't say 100% the weight of the Sig trigger is the issue because the j-frame is heavier.
    I had the same issue with my G43X and the 365 until I put more finger on the trigger. Typically shoot using the pad but for these I had to move my finger further in almost to the knuckle. Greatly improved.

365 at 20 yards. 6in target. Prior to that I was shooting waaaaay left.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I had the same issue with my G43X and the 365 until I put more finger on the trigger. Typically shoot using the pad but for these I had to move my finger further in almost to the knuckle. Greatly improved.

365 at 20 yards. 6in target. Prior to that I was shooting waaaaay left.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I will try that on the next range visit.

Feedback Score
    Another thing to do is make more room for the support hand. I place my finger tips of my strong side in the front strap. More meat of my support side in contact with the grip. More meat and a stronger grip to the pistol. It will help accuracy and recoup control. You just have to make room with your grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Give them a call at gray guns. They may have don’t advice. Many times the shoe itself changes geometry and lowers weight if not perceived weight.

My Sig is about five pounds at this point just from reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know, hope mine lightens to around 5 - 5.5. What's your round count? Do you have that on a trigger gauge?

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast