Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Shield is a fine gun but the P365 has it beat for me. In its smallest form, the Sig carries more rounds and is much better for pocket carry. I can get a purchase with all of my fingers with the Sig and the 10 round mags. The trigger is better in the Sig.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Which one is currently the most reliable in operation, and which one is the most durable and without issues ?
    Last edited by Biggy; 08-09-19 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Which one is currently the most reliable in operation, and which one is the most durable and without issues ?
    I think a lot of new pistols now days have teething issues. The shield has been around longer and arguably has a better track record at this point. That being said, I have yet to have a problem with my P365 through about 750 rounds. N of one and all that.

Feedback Score
    I have both and while I think the 365 is a great weapon I love the feel of the shield in my hand. In the end I'd rather carry what I feel is more ergonomic.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I’ve tried all of the compact 9’s.

The Sig P365 was clearly the best in my hands.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    On paper the Sig looks better than my Gen 2 Shield. I'll probably try one eventually, it seems like a genuine step forward in capabilities compared to all previous subcompact 9's.

However....not yet. My Gen 2 Shield is awesome, the trigger is excellent, I shoot it extremely well, and the Shield has been thoroughly debugged and is extremely reliable, well proven across a very large user base. That matters a lot. So I will probably wait a bit longer to try a P365.

One interesting thing on the P365 that Shield does not have: an ambi safety version. This is appealing because (1) I'm a lefty, and (2) a TS is the *only* way I will consider AIWB, which I've been wanting to try for a while.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well contrary to what I just posted....

Got to try a Sig at the range. Like the trigger. Not ready to say yet it's better than a Shield Gen 2, just different but at least equal. The unexpected thing was I shot it as well as my Shield on the first time out. That got my attention, so I decided to order one and run them side-by-side for a while. I'll wring out the Sig, then sell off which ever one loses the competition.
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-01-19 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Did you mean to say you will sell the one that loses the competition? Makes sense to keep the winner 😉

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Did you mean to say you will sell the one that loses the competition? Makes sense to keep the winner ��
    Ooops, yeah. Fixed.

Feedback Score
    I'm embarrassed to say how well I've come to like the P365. It fits my hand, doesn't beat me up, and the trigger is more forgiving of 'abrupt' trigger manipulation. It doesn't push to the left as Glocks are prone to do.
    Moon

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast