Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    Im replying so I dont get pruned from the site. I like my shield, great value, quality, and accuracy.

Feedback Score
    Love my Shield and it carries comfortably in a Galco King Tuk. Probably will have it forever since they are dirt cheap to buy new and I shudder to think what I could get for my used one. The Shield has been problem free. Only issue was a speed reload during an IDPA classifier and I pinch my finger slamming the magazine home. Won’t do that again.

PS - also avoiding being pruned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have both and the P365 has become my primary carry. I like the size and the additional capacity. I like the feel of the Shield but prefer to have additional rounds available if needed.

Feedback Score
    saving my self from pruning i like my shield dont see a need for extra rounds it puts them were needed faithfully.

Feedback Score
    Also trying to avoid being pruned. I have the Shield. Shot a friends P365. It’s too small for my hand. No interest is buying a P365 at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Well. Following this thread the last couple days I decided to pick up a 365 today. Ran 100 147 grain Blazer brass case through it and have to say I’m suitably impressed. Accuracy back to about 7 yds was impressive. Out of the box mags were a little hard to load but I’m sure that’s going to smooth out.

It also digested a magazine full of Gold dot 147 gr with no problems. Looks like it’ll fit my Raven Perun for my Glock 43 until I get it a proper holster. I expect a few mags will be upcoming.

Is anyone running the 15 round extended ones?

Lastly while I don’t personally own a Shield a few co workers do and I have enough tigger time behind their pistols to have a suitable comparison. Recoil and follow up shots compared to the Smith and Wesson were no problem. I was even fine with the factory Sig night sights. And I’m well noted for ditching factory pistol sights.

It’s likely going to replace my G43 for our mowing or other yard chores next season. But I won’t be selling off anything. There’s plenty of room for both in my world.

Feedback Score

M&P 9mm

Also chiming in to avoid the pruning shears.
    I only have experience with the original shield in 9mm.
    Being my first subcompact, it took me a while to be accurate with. I did add a low profile LCI because the factory one with the white letters seemed to clutter the sight picture. Changed the sights to ameriglo I-dot’s, and can’t complain.

Not to derail this thread, but how does Springfield’s latest offering compare?
    Anyone with experience comparing them care to share?
    Last edited by Erik99318; 10-25-19 at 17:35. Reason: Autocorrect

Feedback Score
    I have a Shield 9mm 1.0 and a Shield 45. I love them both. The 45 version I have doesn't have 2.0 on it, but I think it's the same thing as the 2.0. I

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    I have a Shield 9mm 1.0 and a Shield 45. I love them both. The 45 version I have doesn't have 2.0 on it, but I think it's the same thing as the 2.0. I
    The 2.0 came from the 45

Feedback Score
    I own the Shield in 9mm and .45 ACP. The 9mm is an M1.0 and the .45 is not marked M2.0, so it is an early model for .45 ACP. I also own a P265 SAS and have had the standard P365. I have had no mechanical problems of any kind with either P365. Nor have I ever had any problems with a Shield, and I have had a 9mm since they were first released. I would not hesitate to carry either. While the P365 holds an edge in capacity, I intend to add MagGuts +2 kits to all of my 8 round magazines, upping them to 10 round capacity. The P365 is easily concealed and is probably a bit more capable in that area than the Shield, but I've never had any trouble concealing a Shield, either. For me, the Shield might get carried on an ankle, IWB, OWB or in a pocket on the rare occasion I pocket carry. The Shield can be carried IWB, OWB, or ankle. Both work just fine. These pistols are often carried in place of my G43 and G43X.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast