Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    Just today, I got rid of my 1.0 Shield 9mm NTS and got a P365 (mfg June ‘19). I waited my minimum one year before I’ll buy a brand new gun (or anything else) , and then waited some more after issues were documented. We will see if I wind up regretting the decision.

New owner, but I have shot a P365 previously and really was impressed. More ammo on board, smaller, easier to conceal, better sights, and the ability to actually run the slide on belt or holster or boots or something for one hand manipulation drills. I shoot them as well as Shield, which is quite good given the size. I typically shot my Shield about as well as my G19 or G23 out to about 15 yards or so. Then the shorter sight radius cut my accuracy slightly, but speed was still good. I hated the “Novak” style rear sight due to not being conducive to racking slide, but POA/POI was spot on perfect and I just couldn’t bring myself to fudge with changing sights.

I made my choice. Sig P365. Good luck with yours.

Be safe.

Feedback Score
    Hi. Posting to escape the pruning. Thanks for the good info on the Shield. That might be my next carry gun.

-Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Wife was looking for a new carry gun to downsize from her USP40c. She shot the Sheild 1.0, Sheild 2.0, PPS, CCP, Glock 43, Ruger something or other, and the P365. 365 fit, felt right under recoil and came with a manual safety option which she prefered.

I like it too, but have kept my P30sk.

Feedback Score
    For me the Shield feels better in my hand than the 365, but I haven't shot the Sig yet. I'm not keen on carrying either as they do not have any type of striker indicator like the Gadget or the original PPS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have a 1.0 Shield that I shoot well. Have looked at the 365 and like how it fits my hand better than my Shield but haven't wanted to jump to the 365 yet. The Shield works for me.

Feedback Score
    I used to carry a Shield. I bought a 365 when they first came out. I realized last month that I hadn't shot my Shield in over a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texascavediver View Post
    I used to carry a Shield. I bought a 365 when they first came out. I realized last month that I hadn't shot my Shield in over a year.

^^^^^^this over and over

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Rent, and shoot both of them, and then you can decide which is best for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Geese 1 View Post
    Rent, and shoot both of them, and then you can decide which is best for you.
    This. Both are excellent pistols and although I haven't purchased yet, I'm leaning 365 for the capacity and excellent X-Ray sights. I've shot both and achieved good results with both. Shield felt slightly better in my hand which is subjective but overall impression of stock setup favors 365 IMO.

Feedback Score
    I need to make a video comparing the two sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast