Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have owned two Shields. For the price, they are the best, most reliable single stack 9's on the market imo. The reasons I never kept them were imo hinged triggers are retarded, the stock trigger is decent for Smith, I never really wanted to invest in an apex upgrade that was almost half the price I paid for the gun. At the time I owned them, quality holsters were hard to come by. The grip is too slick, I took it through a light concealed carry class and needed more texture.

I have way more trigger time on the Shield. I have rented the P365 twice, and it is personally my favorite "single stack" 9mm that I have shot so far. Good factory trigger, excellent sights, handles recoil surprisingly well (124gr, nothing +P or heavier from me), and has great factory texturing. I haven't bought one yet only because I have not had any free money so far this year, but I will own one some day. I might even skip over the P365 and get the P365XL for the slightly added velocity. YMMV.

The Shield is more vetted, priced better, has more aftermarket support (Now) has had less overall glaring issues as well. I've just never really been in love with it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I own 3 of the gen1 Shields. Triggers vary from gun to gun. I put Apex sears in all three guns and talon grip tape on them.

If going with 2.0 Shields, I wouldn’t have to do the above. I bought my first Shield the week they were first announced in 2012? I have no clue how many rounds I put through my 9mm Shields over the years. But enough through each gun to vet them and to trust them.

I own one Sig 365. Mine was made and bought last October. It has about 500 rounds through it. Zero issues.

I can shoot the 365 better than I can shoot my Shields. My Shields have a tendency to have brass to face/head every so often. Not an issue with my 365.

I have large hands with long fingers. The thinness of the Shield grip combined with the roundness of the front strap causes the gun to pivot or roll in my hand ever so slightly. The front strap of the 365 is just square enough that I can lock my hand down and the gun stays put.

When dry firing the 365, it’s “ok”. But I like the trigger much better as I’m actually shooting the gun. One really has to shoot the gun to appreciate the trigger. When shooting my Shield side by side with my 365, I like everything about the 365 better than the Shield.

Neither gun is a primary carry gun for me.

The only drawback to the 365 to me is Sig did such a poor job releasing this gun. Mine has been GTG so far. But I constantly wait for something to happen. It helps some when I learned that State Patrol in my state and in the neighboring state both are purchasing 365’s to be issued to their Troopers as a BUG.

I won’t sell off my Shields as they are functional and dependable pistols. And also, with the current pricing on the 1.0 Shields NIB, I’d have to basically give them away. Resale on the 1.0’s is so low that I’ll just keep them.

But for a BUG at work as a LEO, a NPE gun, cutting the grass and puttering around the house gun, a I’m on vacation in a low threat environment but my my faith in humanity is still so low that I’m still going to carry a gun, gun, the Sig 365 has replaced my Shields. And my Shields are what retired my J-Frame revolvers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    And my Shields are what retired my J-Frame revolvers.
    I was waiting for this. A little better capacity and a much better trigger in a comparably-sized pistol. No contest.

Feedback Score

Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

I have both m&p and sig . I have two m&p shields. One in 40 and the other is the 9 both are gen 1. I first got the 9mm then I got a good deal on the 40 so I bought it. I carried the 9mm first then the 40 for a couple years. Both were great carry guns. Both have apex triggers and the triggers improved. But I wanted more capacity so I looked at mag guts to add two more round in the 9mm. Which worked for a while. But still want more of a full size capacity. When the sig p365 came out I was really interested and I got one. Loved it the first time in my hands. For me is “feels” more concealable with more capacity. I carry +p in it because I want more stopping power. I would probably pick a 40 in the sig if they would make one similar to the p365. I switch to p365 I have become more of a sig guy and is looking at their p320. I really like modular ability. I have shot 800 rounds through the m&p and probably 300 through the sig. no reliability issue on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Alphasig; 05-21-19 at 18:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    have had my shield for a couple years now. Probably 1k through it, and its my wife's carry. Been absolutely reliable. The trigger is good out of the box.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bought the Shield when S&W was having their rebate program. Aside from being a little too thin in the grips the trigger was complete garbage. It would bind on something all the time. Pull the trigger till I hit the wall then had to really put some umph into it to fire. Traded it off

Feedback Score
    I own the Shield 9mm and Shield 2.0 in 45acp. The 9mm, I use the Talon grip tape. Rubber version. I carry in rain conditions all winter with no grip issues. The 9mm is my EDC
    I use this mag loader, makes loading super easy and fast.
    http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/

Sorry can’t compare the two different brands since I haven’t shot the Sig

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Bought the Shield when S&W was having their rebate program. Aside from being a little too thin in the grips the trigger was complete garbage. It would bind on something all the time. Pull the trigger till I hit the wall then had to really put some umph into it to fire. Traded it off
    I had an M&P9c that had a catch in the trigger. 10# trigger pull, APEX duty carry didn't reduce weight much. got rid of it.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Shinning object guy here, something new comes out I go after it. The 365 was a beacon, I shot it and tried and tried, I just could not warm up to it.
    I have three Gen 1 shields all in 9mm, hundreds and hundreds of rounds fired, rubber talon grips and "mag guts" in my 8 rd mags, brings them to 10.
    I still would love a 365 but for me I shoot the shield better, it feels better and carries better. Heck I carry one as my lawn mower gun and never had any issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    Heck I carry one as my lawn mower gun and never had any issues.
    This is an historic moment. I think literally you are the first person I have run across in over nineteen years of internet forum participation that actually has a "lawnmower gun."

You have got to post pics of this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast