Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score

Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    This is an historic moment. I think literally you are the first person I have run across in over nineteen years of internet forum participation that actually has a "lawnmower gun."

You have got to post pics of this.

Dude, I carry my P365 on my lawnmower. It used to be my Shield. But I’m old and fat and the Shield is the tee shirt pistol. The G19 is the long sleeve shirt gun. Now the P365 is the flip flops and lawn mowing gun and or river gun. It’s my least favorite.

ETA: everybody knows the bad guys come after you when they think you are vulnerable on your lawn mower enjoying a lite beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 05-24-19 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    ...the Shield is the tee shirt pistol.
    What holster are you using? Unfortunately I have to dress for old and fat too (but I work on it).

ETA: everybody knows the bad guys come after you when they think you are vulnerable on your lawn mower enjoying a lite beer.

Xeriscaping is your friend.

Feedback Score
    When I’m mowing I use my P365 to shoot snakes out of the creek besides the house.

Feedback Score
    I’m not really that far but I use a Raven Morigan on the Shield, and a home made rig for the P365. I bend a little kydex from time to time doing knife stuff and occasionally do a holster.

Feedback Score
    I have owned both. Short answer...I still own the P365. For reasons I never could figure out I just couldn't shoot the Shield as well as the Sig.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My edc for the past 2 years is a Shield 9mm. I’m honestly not sure how many rounds are through it, and it’s been 100% to this point. My brother in law’s edc is a sig 365. It’s nice, and he likes it but I’m sticking with the Shield.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think literally you are the first person I have run across in over nineteen years of internet forum participation that actually has a "lawnmower gun."
    Before this state passed "shall-issue," I had to settle for a "lawnmower machete."

The 2.0 Shield is a good little nine, very much improved over the originals. Like about everything else in its class, it is now in the shadow of the P365 because of the capacity. Subjectively, I personally don't like the grip of the P365 at all and don't find the trigger to be anything to get excited about; I have not jumped on a 365 more because I have a bad track record vis-a-vis all things SIG than because of any problems in my limited experience with them.

Great accomplishment in stuffing that many rounds into that size, but otherwise "meh."

toc

Feedback Score
    As a means of murdering scaly, slinky things, I've found the P365 will run snakeshot, and it's my habit to carry the top two rounds this way down at camp.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This is an historic moment. I think literally you are the first person I have run across in over nineteen years of internet forum participation that actually has a "lawnmower gun."

You have got to post pics of this.

Wasn't it Clear and Present Danger where the bad guys shot some guy mowing the lawn? He had a 5-shot Chief's Special. The kid across the street cleaning his .22 shot back.

So, concept is out there....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I'm not carrying my G19, I usually carry my G43. I've owned a Shield 2.0 for roughly a year and it's a great pistol. Possibly better than the G43. I picked up one of the "new - supposedly fixed" P365s yesterday. Date on the box says 08 April 2019. I have not shot it yet but I did shoot a friends before buying this one and it has a fantastic trigger. (The trigger on mine feels just as good.) Smooth take up with little to no creep. The break is like snapping a carrot as Bill G would say, with little to no overtravel. The one I shot is very accurate and I love the sights. My buddy doesn't have a round count on his but guestimates well over a thousand rounds to date. I absolutely hate the magazine release on the 365. I have to shift my grip to drop a mag due to interference from my hand on the other side of the pistol. I haven't purchased any of the 12 round mags yet but will pick a couple up to try out. I've also heard there's a 15 rounder in the works. I'm not sure how much longer the grip will be but I'm keeping an open mind. Anyway, lots of vetting to do before I'll trust the P365 enough to carry it.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast