Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    If you have really big mitts, the 12 rounder should make you happy. The 15-round rumor is likely attached to a new, larger version (think G48); it's doubtful the mags will interchange.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    If you have really big mitts, the 12 rounder should make you happy. The 15-round rumor is likely attached to a new, larger version (think G48); it's doubtful the mags will interchange.
    Moon
    Thanks Moon. Yeah, huge mitts for sure but as long as I can get two fingers on the grip, I'm good. (Hell, I can only get two on my G27. LOL.) Personally I can't stand the 48. Sure the 48 is skinnier but IMO I'm better of with my 19. Besides, I hate that bright silver slide. It's a combat weapon / tool not some millennial / yuppi cosmetic BS.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    556', a buddy has a G48; kinda like the look and feel, but can't quite figure what problem it solves for me. I have a blue label buring a hole in my pocket, so I may get one eventual.
    But, frankly, really like the G19.5; like the trigger and lack of finger grooves, and all that speaks against needing the 48.
    The 365 works for me ergonomically, even with the flat base mags, and I like the notion of 10 factory rounds, no aftermarket required.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Moon, I'm carrying a 19.5 right now and it's a great pistol IMO. The 48 on the other hand is the solution to a problem I don't have. I won't say never but right now, I just don't see myself ever getting one. Good luck whichever way you go with your Blue Label Purchase.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Rec'd this today from Sig - 15 rd mags for 365: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...-magazine.html
    Last edited by austinN4; 05-28-19 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Yes, I've noticed the slickness of the grip. With wet or sweaty hands the Shield might be kind of drop-prone. That was one thing I hated about early Glocks, too.
    Talon grips go a long way with helping on this and they are thin enough to not even be noticeable.

As to comparing the two, I can't as I don't own a Sig, but like you I've been drawn to it. Just not enough to ditch my Shields just yet. The Shield carries plenty good for me so all I'm really getting out of the switch is more rounds. Not a big thing to me.

Feedback Score
    I definitely know that I prefer the Shield to any of the "baby" Glocks: 26, 42, 43. I like the grip of the 43X but it's less concealable than the Shield IIRC. Both Shields I've fired also have out-of-the-box triggers that have less takeup than any Glock. Even though the Glock 26 holds ten rounds, the grip is noticeably fatter and I prefer the the capability of wrapping my entire hand around the Shield.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Rec'd this today from Sig - 15 rd mags for 365: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-...-magazine.html
    austin', saw the same ad. I'd assumed the bigger mag would be for the bigger iteration of the P365. Got a couple three 12 rounders to use as a spare 'carry' mag; doubtful I'd go that large.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Moon, I’ve gone the same route... After trying just about every pistol made, I settled on the G19.5, and the P365. These will be my daily carry ‘go to’ pistols. Sorta liked my Shield and G48, but the 365 just shot way better for me. Had a faulty 2.0 Shield that the dealer took back, and surprisingly a very finicky G26.5 that went back also.

May try a Grey Guns trigger in one of my 365’s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Moon, I’ve gone the same route... After trying just about every pistol made, I settled on the G19.5, and the P365. These will be my daily carry ‘go to’ pistols. Sorta liked my Shield and G48, but the 365 just shot way better for me. Had a faulty 2.0 Shield that the dealer took back, and surprisingly a very finicky G26.5 that went back also.

May try a Grey Guns trigger in one of my 365’s.
    We're about on the same page, with the exception of the G42 for something still smaller and lighter than the P365. The 19.5 is more of a home defense option, but I'm happy to have something only slightly larger than the G42 that's a 9.
    Gotta tell you I'm extremely happy with the OEM trigger in the P365, but then I leave defense gun triggers stock.
    Moon

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast