Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith M&P Shield vs. Sig P365

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I carried a Shield for 4 years. I shot a 365. Today I sold the Shield and bought a 365. Soon as I can, I'll fire it up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I carried a Shield for 4 years. I shot a 365. Today I sold the Shield and bought a 365. Soon as I can, I'll fire it up.

Interesting. Have you played with the 2.0 yet? There's a rebate going live in a few days. So we'll start seeing $250 shield 2.0's after rebate

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Interesting. Have you played with the 2.0 yet? There's a rebate going live in a few days. So we'll start seeing $250 shield 2.0's after rebate

No, my problem wasn't with the 1.0 Shield. Far from it; I trusted my life to it when I couldn't carry the full size gun.

But the difference in capacity is enough for me to change.

Feedback Score
    Hey can you say where you got that information about the rebate? Thank ya!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JA8891 View Post
    Hey can you say where you got that information about the rebate? Thank ya!
    I saw it on the sportsman outdoor superstore email. It says it is valid 10-14 through 12-8.
    Here is a link that was on their site.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/shield2019

Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Both are great guns you can't go wrong with. Any problems the 365 had upon release have long been resolved, most is just regurgitated internet nonsense. I bought mine last April and it is flawless through 1000s of rounds. I don't think there is a person on the planet who would notice the small sight radius difference on these ccw designed 9mms. The Shield is cheaper, but the Sig is better out of the box with the trigger and quality night sights. Since you have the Apex installed already, the triggers are probably close to equal, that would come down to personal preference. If you were choosing between the two new, I would recommend the Sig. Since that's not the case, I would say making the switch is much more a want then a NEED. The one glaring difference is capacity and that matters more to some then others, besides that they are very similar guns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    To update this thread since I posted earlier--I finished testing, sold my my Shield 2.0, and kept the Sig. The Sig is now so well debugged, after I got a good round count through mine, it eliminated any qualms I had. There were 4 compelling items for me vs my Shield: (1) the trigger (and as a consequence of the trigger, how accurate I am with it), (2) capacity, (3) dimensions (slightly smaller than Shield, to the point of being pocket-able, despite higher capacity), (4) good quality factory night sights--one less thing to upgrade.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Shot about 200 rounds through the new 365. Functioned perfectly. Winchester Q4318 and 125 grain, and Federal 147 flat points. All were 100% in both 10 and 15 round magazines.

Feedback Score
    Has anybody figured out how to make the trigger on the 365 usable?
    I live close to ATEi so for $75.00 the Shield triggers are fixed easily, he doesn't work on Sig's though so the mushy 6.5' with no real wall trigger on my 365 is a deal breaker this far.
    I'd like to dump the Shield because of the lower capacity but I shot the Shield so much better.

All I can find on the Sig is a site called Sig armorer that says they will fix it for $200.00 plus shipping. So probably about $280.00 total. That seems a little steep for a $400.00 gun.
    Last edited by .45fan; 10-19-19 at 19:05.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast