Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Powder ... Rifle..... Pistol... BPC... making/ shooting/ whatever

Feedback Score
    I found a semi-local guy that runs a fireworks company. He also makes pull fuses for muzzle loading cannon. It’s a 45 minute drive but I believe I paid $28 per pound of Goex FF last year, and took a nice six point using it and a home cast REAL bullet in my TC Thunderhawk.

I can’t stand the chemical fire smell of the BP subs, give me good old sulphur, charcoal and salt peter every time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    I found a semi-local guy that runs a fireworks company. He also makes pull fuses for muzzle loading cannon. It’s a 45 minute drive but I believe I paid $28 per pound of Goex FF last year, and took a nice six point using it and a home cast REAL bullet in my TC Thunderhawk.

I can’t stand the chemical fire smell of the BP subs, give me good old sulphur, charcoal and salt peter every time.
    That is just a crazy high price in my mind still. I wonder if pellets have taken a chunk of the market...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Around here most types of powder sell for at least $25/lb. I usually just wait until an online seller is having a free shipping/no hazmat sale and buy eight pound jugs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That is just a crazy high price in my mind still. I wonder if pellets have taken a chunk of the market...
    I think ATF has regulated the Holy Black to the point almost no one will stock it. The substitute powders are easier to store commercially, have a reputation as easier to clean and more accurate. Most new front stuffer shooters buy the synthetic stuff. I’d bet sales of real black powder are way down from thirty years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12