Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FN's 6.5mm Mk 48 Mod 2 machine gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

FN's 6.5mm Mk 48 Mod 2 machine gun

This caliber seems to be broadening it's horizons:

"The prototype FN MK 48 Mod 2 6.5CM features the latest upgrades for FN’s series of light and medium machine guns, including an adjustable stock for length of pull and cheek height; improved, locking charging handle; improved, double-notched sear; improved handguard with 3-, 6- and 9-o’clock positions with improved bipod; and, more robust feed tray latch, ensuring the feed tray cover locks into place during reloads. Once development is complete, existing MK 48 Mod 1 models can be configured at the armorer level to the Mod 2 variant or newest caliber with the addition of the upgrade kit and barrel conversion."

https://fnamerica.com/press-releases...ic-conference/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I wonder what % barrel life will be reduced by in typical use.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I wonder what % barrel life will be reduced by in typical use.
    Zero to statistically insignificant

Feedback Score
    Why do I feel like the next time we need machine guns in a serious way, shmack down at short range will be the new mojo and we'll be looking at 338 based 308 based rounds...

6.5 so you have commonality with the long-range face shooters? I thought 308 based ARs were to heavy and lost out to 556ARs- or does the range increase of 6.5CM over 308 (and 556) make it worthwhile?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    This is an excellent idea. I hope they move this into SOF soon.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    What bullet is going to be standard for non-precision roles like this?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    FN just keeps coming out with more badass stuff.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't get this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    So what niche does this fill? Mk 46 or SAW replacement?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    So what niche does this fill? Mk 46 or SAW replacement?
    MK48 replacement, as you said in your title... the 249 and MK46 both fire 5.56. While they could replace those with this, why would they replace the light variant instead of the heavy/.308?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast