Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Edit: duplicate post, mods please delete this one.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 05-22-19 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing. Now I understand what you were saying. It does look different. From what I’m gathering, this appears the new way Colt is now marking their lowers now with the laser engraving.

I made a false statement earlier. I thought the roll mark on my copy purchased in 9/2018 was also laser engraved but it is not. The logo and text is traditional stamping and the only the S/N is laser.

Personally, I don’t mind the way yours looks but I get it. Do you mind me asking what’s different from your issued M4A1 other than look? Are the words the same? Not being critical, genuinely curious to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Marines issue KAC 600M BUIS, which are 429 times nicer than the Matech's we get issued. And I won't know why you wouldn't run BUIS, while standard ACOG mounts aren't fast to remove, if things are getting spicy and it's either damaged or it's zero is totally off it's nice to have that option (plus they don't really take up space or weight).
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Not a true clone. The quality is not the problem.
    But then wouldn't the FNH military collector be the truest since it has all the the correct markings while the Colt does not? Not to mention that they've been making them for the military for awhile now.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

I do not believe that is correct. I actually researched this myself several months ago after I received my Colt M4A1 as I’d never seen the . after MM before.

Combat_Diver (also a member and SME here who is/was a highly skilled .mil armorer) posted pics from Astan on TOS back in 2018 of actual issue FN M4A1 on the rack and the FN M4A1 CARBINE rollmark also included the . after MM. So obviously this mark is part of the standard M4A1 rollmark.

Also interesting, those particular issued FN M4A1 he posted pics of had C stamped uppers.

I’d link to TOS thread and show the pic but that’s not allowed per M4c.net rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    I was watching a video on the M4A1 Carbine to Mischa and Chris Bartocci pointed out the period after the 5.56 MM. and said that might be Colt's way of distinguishing these civilian-market M4A1s in terms of roll marks.

Last edited by arptsprt; 05-23-19 at 06:19.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the great info!!

Feedback Score
    This is a 6920 SOCOM thread. I don't see how Aero, BCM, and/or FN fit into this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MistoGators View Post
    But then wouldn't the FNH military collector be the truest since it has all the the correct markings while the Colt does not? Not to mention that they've been making them for the military for awhile now.

Feedback Score
    MistoGators,

Here I'll repost this for you in case you missed it....

Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Is this your attempt at sarcasm/humor?A BCM upper and AERO lower when we’re talking about a true COLT M4A1 CLONE? Maybe go back and read the OP’s original post.

A little education for you, a Colt pinned FH is not a BCM A2X FH. So, obviously, as such, they would be different, yes? The pinned Colt FH is a different style and about 1/4 inch longer than a BCM A2X. Makes not one bit of difference from a practical standpoint. I do have to admit, it’s not as aesthetically pleasing however.

Still can’t get over the AERO M4A1 lower suggestion... Because there are so many of those in the wild... who wouldn’t want one as a COLT clone? Who? Had to have been sarcasm... had to.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Exactly. Arguing for the sake of arguing when not productive or helpful as related to the stated thread title and questions the OP is asking about a COLT SOCOM.

That said, unless things have changed with the FN, the FN M4A1 does not have the proper “Property of US Gov’t” rollmark. It is true the FN has the Auto rollmark at the proper position on the lower at selector switch - which the Colt does not.

Also, there are some other minor deviations with the barrel including length and no “flats” under handguard.

Also, I believe Colt is still under contract by Uncle Sugar to provide some level of M4A1 to the military.

This is a 6920 SOCOM thread. I don't see how Aero, BCM, and/or FN fit into this thread.

Feedback Score
    Thanks!! I am too new to point this out, plus...a beggar can't be choosy, but I was wondering about thread drift too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast