Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistoGators View Post
    Something's off with the FH. It looks longer than a BCM A2X.
    I think you'd be better off getting the BCM SOCOM 14.5 upper with an Aero M4A1 lower.
    It's pinned on so it's a lengthened version of the A2 to make sure it is over 16". I was able to remove it pretty easily without damaging the threads after form 1 approval.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftrinida1 View Post
    It's pinned on so it's a lengthened version of the A2 to make sure it is over 16". I was able to remove it pretty easily without damaging the threads after form 1 approval.

I know, but it looks longer than a typical A2X.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

Is this your attempt at sarcasm/humor?A BCM upper and AERO lower when we’re talking about a true COLT M4A1 CLONE? Maybe go back and read the OP’s original post.

A little education for you, a Colt pinned FH is not a BCM A2X FH. So, obviously, as such, they would be different, yes? The pinned Colt FH is a different style and about 1/4 inch longer than a BCM A2X. Makes not one bit of difference from a practical standpoint. I do have to admit, it’s not as aesthetically pleasing however.

Still can’t get over the AERO M4A1 lower suggestion... Because there are so many of those in the wild... who wouldn’t want one as a COLT clone? Who? Had to have been sarcasm... had to.

I think you'd be better off getting the BCM SOCOM 14.5 upper with an Aero M4A1 lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 05-21-19 at 07:36.

Feedback Score
    I understand that line of thought, but I really wanted a genuine Colt that was, to the greatest possible extent, a copy of the Colt still being used by various military units. And as someone else said, Colt is Colt...they work and as I research and read more deeplyinto the history of the AR, I found it appealling to have a Colt that is, as I understand it (maybe I am wrong) still the only AR made based on the actual TDP, so for all these reasons I know I am spending more than I need to to get a M4 Carbine, but I am enjoying it and looking forward to it.

Feedback Score
    https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...e6920socom.htm

OP, I would look into these as well. I've ordered from AU several times as they have great prices on genuine Colt parts.

Feedback Score
    Question: What is the current optic most often used by SOCOM with the M4A1?

Also... What about the spring and buffer combo Geissele sells. Engineered specifically for the Carbine length gas ststem?
    Last edited by Prestonshooting; 05-21-19 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    Question: What is the current optic most often used by SOCOM with the M4A1?

Also... What about the spring and buffer combo Geussrle sells. Engineered specifically for the Carbine length gas ststem?
    I've been deployed to Afghanistan/Iraq every couple months for the last 5 years. The most common that I've seen in the following order are TA31 ACOG, Aimpoint CompM4//M4s/M2, and Elcan 1-4 for the M4A1s without RIS II rails.

As for the buffer system, I have not had a chance to try the super 42 but the H2 that comes with the rifle is just about perfect IMO. That is also how the issued M4A1s are configured.

Feedback Score
    This rifle was issued to one of the Marines I was working with.

Last edited by Ftrinida1; 05-21-19 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input on both points. I have been considering an ACOG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 2018 SOCOM and have the new model on layaway at the LGS. After a quick inspection, the only difference I could find between the two is the size and method of the markings. The markings on the 2019 model are smaller and either laser or pantograph engraved. The markings on the older model are stamped.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast