Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

Feedback Score

M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

Trying to find my way through a lot of detail and information that is new to me. I'd appreciate any comments that might help me sort through buying "as close to the real thing" commercially built M4A1 and I am looking at the M4A1 SOCOM 6920 that Charlies' Custom Clones is selling. From what I've read, so far, it appears these are pretty much identical to the "real thing" short of, of course, select-fire an the flash hider pinned on the 14.5" barrel to get it out of NFA territory. I'm not interested in trying to "build" on for myself, but would prefer simply to buy it as is.

Is my understanding correct of what this rifle is/is not? Charlies' Custom Clones GTG?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are GTG

Feedback Score
    The "property of US government" marked receiver is what you want. It was listed on their website as the 2018 release when I bought mine. It's also on Arms Unlimited for 1400. It'll have the Socom profile pinned A2 barrel, Colt ambi safety, KAC ris/foregrip, and Matech rear sight. Mine did not have an "F" marked front sight post, just a regular one but not a big deal for me. Upper was cage coded and square forge marking and not "C" marked which may not be desirable for some but it's still Colt. The BCG was also not C marked but was chrome lined like the barrel. Here it is after a few mods.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    Trying to find my way through a lot of detail and information that is new to me. I'd appreciate any comments that might help me sort through buying "as close to the real thing" commercially built M4A1 and I am looking at the M4A1 SOCOM 6920 that Charlies' Custom Clones is selling. From what I've read, so far, it appears these are pretty much identical to the "real thing" short of, of course, select-fire an the flash hider pinned on the 14.5" barrel to get it out of NFA territory. I'm not interested in trying to "build" on for myself, but would prefer simply to buy it as is.

Is my understanding correct of what this rifle is/is not? Charlies' Custom Clones GTG?

Thanks.
    I failed to see 2019 on the title. At least you know a little bit about the 2018 model now.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input on this. I should have put the link to the precise rifle I was asking about. Here it is.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your input on this. I should have put the link to the precise rifle I was asking about. Here it is.

I just checked out that link. It appears to be identical to the 2018 model I got from them according to the description.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftrinida1 View Post
    I just checked out that link. It appears to be identical to the 2018 model I got from them according to the description.

That's my understanding also. Again, thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    This stupid thread makes me want one. And oh boy don't I need one. NOT

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    PB,

Why fight it? I said the exact same thing last September and, well, guess what’s sitting in my safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    This stupid thread makes me want one. And oh boy don't I need one. NOT

PB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Something's off with the FH. It looks longer than a BCM A2X.
    I think you'd be better off getting the BCM SOCOM 14.5 upper with an Aero M4A1 lower.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast