Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M4A1 SOCOM 6920 2019 Models from Charlies' Custom Clones

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Interesting. I have a 2018 edition and the markings on mine are definitely all laser engraved and smaller than “normal” stamped marks on other Colts I have. Mine was delivered on 9/10/2018.

I’ll caveat this next statement by saying I don’t care, but consistent with what Charlie’s disclaimer reads, my copy does have its fair share of Colt’s known “handling marks” on the receivers. Again, don’t care but it was the case for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I have a 2018 SOCOM and have the new model on layaway at the LGS. After a quick inspection, the only difference I could find between the two is the size and method of the markings. The markings on the 2019 model are smaller and either laser or pantograph engraved. The markings on the older model are stamped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    my copy does have its fair share of Colt’s known “handling marks” on the receivers. Again, don’t care but it was the case for mine.
    I am going to use this COLT regularly for training, etc. and it is going to be my "go to" Carbine in my safe for HD/SD, etc. etc. I'm pretty rough on whatever I happen to be using at the time: firearms, tools, cars, trucks, etc. I'm not in sync with the guys who expect their firearms to remain somehow "pretty" after they use them, assuming they do. I'm not going for a "Precious Moment in the Curio Cabinet with Grandma's China" firearm.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Lol @ Aero Lower and BCM suggestion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Lol @ Aero Lower and BCM suggestion.
    You might as well get this one lol

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-receiver.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here's a close-up of my 2018

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I'm too distracted looking at the 40mm grenade launcher!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I get it brother. And I feel the same way, especially with an AR. Personally, I feel there is something satisfying about using your gear as intended and getting the character marks.

I only made the comment because technically speaking, Colt markets this M4A1 as their “Collector Series” and that is how some want it.

And Precious Moments, lol. I do remember those figurines from my Grandma...

Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    I am going to use this COLT regularly for training, etc. and it is going to be my "go to" Carbine in my safe for HD/SD, etc. etc. I'm pretty rough on whatever I happen to be using at the time: firearms, tools, cars, trucks, etc. I'm not in sync with the guys who expect their firearms to remain somehow "pretty" after they use them, assuming they do. I'm not going for a "Precious Moment in the Curio Cabinet with Grandma's China" firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roll mark on my older SOCOM. IF I recall, it's the 2018 model. I don't have a photo of the new one yet
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    Also... What about the spring and buffer combo Geissele sells. Engineered specifically for the Carbine length gas ststem?
    I would not bother with the Super 42. Especially considering you are looking at a complete M4A1 from Colt. The stock buffer and spring set will be sufficient for the function of the carbine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Roll mark on my older SOCOM. IF I recall, it's the 2018 model. I don't have a photo of the new one yet

I was watching a video on the M4A1 Carbine to Mischa and Chris Bartocci pointed out the period after the 5.56 MM. and said that might be Colt's way of distinguishing these civilian-market M4A1s in terms of roll marks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast