Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Issued Optics for the M4A1 SOCOM Carbine

Feedback Score

Military Issued Optics for the M4A1 SOCOM Carbine

New M4A1 SOCOM owner here. Is there a standard SOCOM issued optic for the M4A1 SOCOM? Is EOTECH still pretty much the standard issued site or....??? Thanks for any input.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Im not in the military but Id guess a ACOG or Aimpoint and your GTG.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The eotech and elcan are still common. The sig 1-6 and nightforce 1-8 atacr are supposed to be the next optics for LPVO and an improved eotech is the new red dot. You’re seeing a lot of guys buy their own optics like Leupold mk6’s, vortex razor and viper 1-6 optics, some Trijicon vcogs and accupowers. The usasoc urgi with geissele mk16 rail and 14.5 mid length from DD is still getting tested to see if it becomes the new upper.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    So the M4A1 SOCOM really isn’t special anymore. Sure, it was first fielded to units under SOCOM, but literally the entire Army has been moving towards it for years. So far all of the units in BCTs, to include support units, are issued the M4A1. Are you trying to replicate what optic would’ve been used when it was first issued to SOCOM? Or do you mean present day, in which case, there are a ton of optics in use with the various units. The Rangers are still using Aimpoint micros last I heard, in addition to everything mentioned above. Or are you just trying to decide what optic would be good for you and assume that whatever SOF use will be good enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    So the M4A1 SOCOM really isn’t special anymore. Sure, it was first fielded to units under SOCOM, but literally the entire Army has been moving towards it for years. So far all of the units in BCTs, to include support units, are issued the M4A1. Are you trying to replicate what optic would’ve been used when it was first issued to SOCOM? Or do you mean present day, in which case, there are a ton of optics in use with the various units. The Rangers are still using Aimpoint micros last I heard, in addition to everything mentioned above. Or are you just trying to decide what optic would be good for you and assume that whatever SOF use will be good enough?

"whatever SOF use will be good enough"

Yes, good enough for them, more than good enough for me. Just curious to know. At this point, I'm going to put an ACOG on it and call it a day (for now), or maybe one of my EOTECHs, or Aimpoints....decisions decisions.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Military Issued Optics for the M4A1 SOCOM Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    "whatever SOF use will be good enough"

Yes, good enough for them, more than good enough for me. Just curious to know. At this point, I'm going to put an ACOG on it and call it a day (for now), or maybe one of my EOTECHs, or Aimpoints....decisions decisions.
    In that case, almost none of them run ACOGs anymore. It’s either an RDS or 1-something. Big army still uses plenty of ACOGs though.

Last edited by Wake27; 05-25-19 at 23:01.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    OK, so maybe I'll put the EOTECH or Aimpoint on it. Nice to have options.

Feedback Score
    When I was in Afghan SF did have Eotechs as one of their optics but Wake is right. The M4A1 isn’t that special anymore, the BCT of the 101st that relieved my unit had all brand new M4A1s.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf11B View Post
    When I was in Afghan SF did have Eotechs as one of their optics but Wake is right. The M4A1 isn’t that special anymore, the BCT of the 101st that relieved my unit had all brand new M4A1s.
    There’s Army Reserve units with M4A1’s at least as far back as a year ago. Also, Cadet Summer Training Camp has them.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    There’s Army Reserve units with M4A1’s at least as far back as a year ago. Also, Cadet Summer Training Camp has them.
    Don’t surprise me, been out since 2013. A few guys I know still in say that their guard and reserved units finally replaced their m16s with m4s.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast