G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changing up the EDC, anyone ever done it? (vp9SK)

Feedback Score
    Well I can say many moons ago I was a 1911 guy. Didn't really mean to fully transition to Glocks, was just learning and training up with a different platform.

Liked 'em more and more, for all the obvious reasons. Made the evolution, haven't looked back. Started with a G23, and ultimately G17 and G19 are where it's at, for me, these days.

I only sold my 1911s for needs at the time. I miss 'em, but I wouldn't still carry 'em if I still had 'em.

Feedback Score
    Delete-accidental post.

Feedback Score
    I am started to carry the VP9 sk and it is working out, as long as I carry the mag extension so I can get a full grip. i think you will like the vp9

Feedback Score
    Iíve tried every pistol there is... Carried more Glocks than anything, but clearly I am able to shoot the VP9 better than the G19. Not getting rid of the G19 though.

Held my nose and finally got a Sig 320, didnít expect to like it as much as I did. Probably better than the VP9. Time will tell.

I have short stubby fingers also, so some pistols present a trigger reach issue.

I only use one rifle platform, but donít mind experimenting with different pistols.

I shoot from 200 to 500 pistol rounds a week. I found the older I get, the more I have to practice!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    There seems to be a level of boredom, or lack of shooting that can mess with people too. It has happened to me several times, including last week.

I keep telling myself I need something smaller than my G26 for daily carry, and I really love the P365, but I can't afford one yet. So what I did last weekend is went to my range and shot the guns that I carry. Made sure I was still effective, accurate, and controlled with them. Did draws from concealment under time, reloads, all that fun stuff.

I realized while doing drills and shooting, that there is no way in hell that I am getting out here and doing this enough, and my idle mind was trying to convince me that a new gun would change how I feel, and make me want to switch everything up. The longer I am away from the range, the more I think I should buy. Sorry to get off tangent a little here.

I went from carrying a Kel Tec Pf9, to a Ruger LCR, to a Glock 26, sold the 26, went to a Shield, sold the Shield, went back to a G26, started carrying a 19, then a 43.

I now carry a G26 when I need something smaller for shorts and a t-shirt, and my G19 every other time. This has been a very expensive learning process for me. Working on being content with what I am invested in! (Not meant to shame or tell anyone that they are wrong in switching up their kits!)
    I go through the same type of thing. Iím too busy to get to the range very often so I read the forums or check my sales flyers and end up buying guns I donít need mainly out of boredom. Getting my fix without actually doing any work.

I think Iíll turn off my iPhone and go dry fire now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've gone from G19 to a P30 to a full size VP9. I carry AIWB. While I feel like I handle the g19 pretty well, I consistently put a more accurate and faster round on target from draw with the HK. Some combination of the grip and the trigger make it better off for me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with changing things up from time to time either. While its true that spending money on a new setup kinda sucks; the way I look at it is that even if I go back to what I was doing before the experience will have (hopefully) helped me identify strengths or weaknesses with what I was doing, and improve if necessary. YMMV.

I've come to believe that everyone who is actually dedicated to carrying on a consistent basis probably has a couple shoeboxes full of holsters stashed above the safe. Lord knows.....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234