Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changing up the EDC, anyone ever done it? (vp9SK)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I can say many moons ago I was a 1911 guy. Didn't really mean to fully transition to Glocks, was just learning and training up with a different platform.

Liked 'em more and more, for all the obvious reasons. Made the evolution, haven't looked back. Started with a G23, and ultimately G17 and G19 are where it's at, for me, these days.

I only sold my 1911s for needs at the time. I miss 'em, but I wouldn't still carry 'em if I still had 'em.

Feedback Score
    Delete-accidental post.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am started to carry the VP9 sk and it is working out, as long as I carry the mag extension so I can get a full grip. i think you will like the vp9

Feedback Score
    I’ve tried every pistol there is... Carried more Glocks than anything, but clearly I am able to shoot the VP9 better than the G19. Not getting rid of the G19 though.

Held my nose and finally got a Sig 320, didn’t expect to like it as much as I did. Probably better than the VP9. Time will tell.

I have short stubby fingers also, so some pistols present a trigger reach issue.

I only use one rifle platform, but don’t mind experimenting with different pistols.

I shoot from 200 to 500 pistol rounds a week. I found the older I get, the more I have to practice!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    There seems to be a level of boredom, or lack of shooting that can mess with people too. It has happened to me several times, including last week.

I keep telling myself I need something smaller than my G26 for daily carry, and I really love the P365, but I can't afford one yet. So what I did last weekend is went to my range and shot the guns that I carry. Made sure I was still effective, accurate, and controlled with them. Did draws from concealment under time, reloads, all that fun stuff.

I realized while doing drills and shooting, that there is no way in hell that I am getting out here and doing this enough, and my idle mind was trying to convince me that a new gun would change how I feel, and make me want to switch everything up. The longer I am away from the range, the more I think I should buy. Sorry to get off tangent a little here.

I went from carrying a Kel Tec Pf9, to a Ruger LCR, to a Glock 26, sold the 26, went to a Shield, sold the Shield, went back to a G26, started carrying a 19, then a 43.

I now carry a G26 when I need something smaller for shorts and a t-shirt, and my G19 every other time. This has been a very expensive learning process for me. Working on being content with what I am invested in! (Not meant to shame or tell anyone that they are wrong in switching up their kits!)
    I go through the same type of thing. I’m too busy to get to the range very often so I read the forums or check my sales flyers and end up buying guns I don’t need mainly out of boredom. Getting my fix without actually doing any work.

I think I’ll turn off my iPhone and go dry fire now.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've gone from G19 to a P30 to a full size VP9. I carry AIWB. While I feel like I handle the g19 pretty well, I consistently put a more accurate and faster round on target from draw with the HK. Some combination of the grip and the trigger make it better off for me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with changing things up from time to time either. While its true that spending money on a new setup kinda sucks; the way I look at it is that even if I go back to what I was doing before the experience will have (hopefully) helped me identify strengths or weaknesses with what I was doing, and improve if necessary. YMMV.

I've come to believe that everyone who is actually dedicated to carrying on a consistent basis probably has a couple shoeboxes full of holsters stashed above the safe. Lord knows.....

Feedback Score
    I carried a Glock 19 for many years and always struggled with it. It just never seemed to fit my hand well. I recently purchased a P2000sk V2 and I feel like it's a laser beam. It shoots very well for me and feels much better in my hand. I still have my Glock 19 but haven't shot it since buying the HK. The Glock with a RCS Eidolon concealed great for me. I'm working my way through JMCK holsters to find something that conceals as good with the HK. That's my only hiccup so far.
    Last edited by Irelander; 10-31-19 at 09:19. Reason: Spelling

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234