Thread: PL-PRO sale on Friday 30%-40% off

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PL-PRO sale on Friday 30%-40% off

Heads up!

The PL-PRO is new and will be introduced this Friday at a reduced one day price. 30% off, light only or 40% off with magnetic pressure switch.

It is 1500 Lumens and 19,600 candela, but can be made to come on at 300 lumens if you are using it on a nightstand gun in your home and prefer it being less bright indoors.

Rechargeable...and the magnetic assembly has a slight raised ring around it to prevent the magnetic tape switch from being knocked off. It has to be peeled off a certain way to come off - it doesn't come off easily.

Black or Desert Tan - $90.97 light only $95.94 with magnetic tape switch. Friday only.

https://www.olightstore.com/

I have the PL-2 and it is an excellent weaponlight. No problems with it so far. Goes on and off with ease and is bright as hell.

Feedback Score
    Is there any hard data available yet on O-Light's reliability?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestonshooting View Post
    Is there any hard data available yet on O-Light's reliability?
    Not sure what you are looking for, but there are many torture tests out there. Just look for them. There is a vid of this new PL-PRO being shot with a shotgun and it kept working. If you are looking for people using them in the field for long term, then that isn't possible, because they haven't been out long term.

I personally haven't seen any real complaints out there due to reliability. My PL-2 has been rock solid.

Maybe other owners of the PL-2 or PL MINI 2 can chime in on their experience?

Feedback Score
    Most of the Olight reviews I have seen consist of some youtuber that never trains/actually uses it saying it's a great light after 200 rounds. The exception being MrGunsngear.

What gives me pause is long term duty use. Olights track record just isn't there. Not to say that they're bad but there's no way to tell if they're any good either. And no agency, .gov entity/military unit uses them so who the hell knows?

Since they're priced the same as a Streamlight TLR1-HL I may just buy one for shits and giggles to see for myself because a video of a guy dropping one on gravel and shooting 200 rounds with it tells me nothing. And it's not a knock on them at all but the people that tend to buy them aren't the ones that run their gear hard.

I'm willing to bet that for an HD role where it just sits in the nightstand that they're probably more than fine. I carry one of their Pocket EDC lights a lot and it hasn't given me and problems so we will see.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    Most of the Olight reviews I have seen consist of some youtuber that never trains/actually uses it saying it's a great light after 200 rounds. The exception being MrGunsngear.

What gives me pause is long term duty use. Olights track record just isn't there. Not to say that they're bad but there's no way to tell if they're any good either. And no agency, .gov entity/military unit uses them so who the hell knows?

Since they're priced the same as a Streamlight TLR1-HL I may just buy one for shits and giggles to see for myself because a video of a guy dropping one on gravel and shooting 200 rounds with it tells me nothing. And it's not a knock on them at all but the people that tend to buy them aren't the ones that run their gear hard.

I'm willing to bet that for an HD role where it just sits in the nightstand that they're probably more than fine. I carry one of their Pocket EDC lights a lot and it hasn't given me and problems so we will see.
    Sure, that goes with most youtube reviews on any gun gear though. You have to sift through them to find the good ones. I agree, it is a new product with no real track record, but all products start out that way. So like you said, who knows.

Well good, if you get one and run it hard, come back here and leave a review for everyone else. I just get their flash sale emails and post it here to help guys like you get deals.

Feedback Score
    A 1500 lumen light with a nearly 300 foot throw is impressive, and if the O-Light proves to be reliable... Win! It takes a lot of guys to compete against Streamlight and Surefire

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I gave their PL-Mini a try as the price is great, so why not? I’m rather impressed with the light output and throw for anything inside the house. I leave it right by my safe as the throw lever makes it easy to put on/take off.

The mini even fits my Safariland holster designed for my 19 and X300.

The charging system on it is straight up awesome.

Because of the Mini I am now more interested in their other lights. I’ve been looking at a handheld version with high output and a similar magnetic charging pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current