Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S&W Model 19 cylinder stuck

Feedback Score
    WOW deja vue.

A friend of mine back in the day, when I was a deputy left his locker door sitting open with his gun belt hanging on the door. I was going to mess with him by unloading his model 19 and putting the rounds standing in a row on the shelf.

Yeah you guessed it the ejector rod was backed out so far, the cylinder was stuck and would even move.

I went and told him, about the attempted prank and that his revolver was messed up.

He came into the locker and checked it, he thanked me so much.

He removed the department issue model 19 and said he would carry his snubby model 19 till his other one got fixed. He was in a shooting the next night at work, with his snubby. He would have gone into that incident with a non functioning revolver.

Feedback Score
    I was at police hq one day and one of the guys came in with a new Colt Python and was showing it around. He handed it to me and cautioned me that it was loaded. I looked at it, handed it back to him and told him , "nice pistol, but it won't shoot". He started telling me it was a Python and how much he paid for it. I told him that did not matter and that it would not shoot.

By this time he was coming unglued so I told him to pull the trigger right there in the office and that really got him spun up and I finally told him to just pull the hammer back and cock it. He started to pull the hammer back and about 1/4" back the cylinder locked up. By this time his mouth was open. I pointed out to him that one of his rounds had creeped forward and the bullet was sticking out the front of the cylinder 1/8" inch and had stopped when cylinder rotated and bullet nose hit barrel.

When he realized what happened he had to sit down as he was looking right pale. A guy had loaded him some handloads that were hot and he did not shoot them all and just reloaded fired cylinders leaving the last bullet in. The bullet had not been crimped into the case and the recoil had allowed it to move forward.

I handloaded for some of the guys and a buddy shot a guy one night and floored him quick. Then everyone wanted my handloads. I have had two perps shot with my handloads, one killed and one wounded in arm. I talked to Doc at emergency room and he was a shooting buddy. He wanted to know what I had loaded for him and he said it was the strangest bullet wound he had seen and if the shot had been 2" to the right he said it would have taken his arm off at bicep.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 02-09-20 at 19:10.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234