Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UBR Gen 2 vs PRs Gen 3

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)

UBR Gen 2 vs PRs Gen 3

I've been running a UBR gen 2 on my precision AR for about a year now. While I'm happy with it as a stock, I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better served with a PRS in its place for the following reasons:

1-No way to mount a monopod on UBR gen 2. For the life of me, I can't figure out why no one has solved this yet. I would think a buttpad that extends down and forward at a 90 degree angle with a small section of rail would be on the market by now.

2-PRS has more adjustments.

3-PRS shape is better suited for hooking into shoulder with off hand.

Does anyone have both stocks and strong opinions either way? I just wish it were a tad easier to "lock" into a solid prone position than it is with the UBR. The rifle in question is for shooting nearly exclusively from the prone with a bipod. As of now, my only solution concerning the UBR is to make custom sized squeeze bags for stability.

Feedback Score
    I have both stocks and I really like both. If you are using it on a precision AR I would try out the PRS. It’s way easier to get a more stable position when shooting off a bag plus the rubber butt plate I think works better in your shoulder pocket. Some local matches I shoot has some stages where you can’t use a rear bag or anything besides a bipod. The PRS is easier to use in those stages I can get my hand under it and get a more stable position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    ^ Thanks for the feedback!

Feedback Score
    No problem. Hope I helped

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    IMHO, the PRS GenII is the best of the best. And the UBR are so so. I had two.

Go for the PRS Gen II

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have both. My heavy-barreled long-range coyote rig has the PRS Gen 3 while my 14” practice/3 Gun carbine has the UBR Gen 2. Each fits its intended use very well, IMO- the PRS is more stable and easier to use for long range while the UBR is a great, built-like-a-tank all-around design. It also helps to balance out a nose-heavy weapon (if suppressed, for instance). If weight weren’t a concern I’d probably use a UBR Gen 3 on any general purpose gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    PRS is the way to go. I think the UBR is more suited to a dual-purpose recce setup but the PRS is a much better Precision Rifle Stock.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Thank you for the continued feedback, everyone.

Euro-I was reading through your thread the other day after the latest match you posted and I noticed you had a PRS (my memory said it was a UBR). About a week later I was at the shop of a very accomplished shooter, and when reviewing my set up, I noticed he also was running the PRS on his precision rig, but had about a dozen UBRs in play on everything from iron sighted to recce style builds.

Do the prices on PRS stocks go lower than $200 anywhere?

Feedback Score
    Check primary arms on occasion I think they do

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    IMHO, the PRS GenII is the best of the best. And the UBR are so so. I had two.

Go for the PRS Gen II

PB
    PB- why the Gen 2 over the 3? Or am I reading your post incorrectly?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast