Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor pet loads?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I reload pistol and 223 on a Dillon 550. I'm getting into 6.5 and Dillon doesn't sell the dies, etc. What would you recommend to begin reloading in 6.5? The Dillon is the only equipment I have aside from case prep. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigereye View Post
    I reload pistol and 223 on a Dillon 550. I'm getting into 6.5 and Dillon doesn't sell the dies, etc. What would you recommend to begin reloading in 6.5? The Dillon is the only equipment I have aside from case prep. Thanks
    I have the RCBS 6.5CM full length die set and it has worked out just fine. I'm sure the equivalent hornady die set also works great. Some will recommend the full length bushing dies but the standard expander has not caused me any problems with run out.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I suppose these fit the Dillon 550? It looks like one die resizes and decaps and the other seats and crimps. Do you leave an empty station in the 4-station 550? I apologize for any dumb questions. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I think I posted about it earlier but I highly recommend Redding S-type FL bushing dies if you want ultimate accuracy. If not, get the standard Redding FL. For seating, pick up a Forster BR seating die.

Dillon makes good pressed but their dies are mediocre at best.

Standard RCBS dies are on par with Dillon quality. Both companies don’t load nearly as straight ammo as Redding, Forster, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Also, don’t crimp your rifle ammo!

Feedback Score
    I suppose these fit the Dillon 550? It looks like one die resizes and decaps and the other seats and crimps. Do you leave an empty station in the 4-station 550? I apologize for any dumb questions. Thanks
    What I would do is use the 550 similar to a single stage press for 6.5CM. Drop powder off press because you are likely to use powders that are less likely to play well with the dillon one and would want to individually measure them for best accuracy.

Feedback Score
    I’m running 140gr ELD-M at 2.810” 40.2gr of H4350 with a crimp from a Lee FCD. I can see a difference on target crimp versus no-crimp. I normally throw powder with a Redding 3BR. This load gets me consistent 3/4moa five shot groups sometimes better. 26” Krieger AR-10

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B52U View Post
    What I would do is use the 550 similar to a single stage press for 6.5CM. Drop powder off press because you are likely to use powders that are less likely to play well with the dillon one and would want to individually measure them for best accuracy.
    Have you considered a powder die?

Feedback Score
    140gn Berger Elite Hunters .040 off or VLD hunters .005 off in Lapua or Starline brass. 42gn of H4350 and CCI BR4 primers. Last Match the Elite Hunter shot a 5.3 and 5.7 1000yd group from a Savage LRP.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    After the ladder test, etc. that was recommended. Hornady 140gr ELDM with 41.9gr of H4350 and CCI 400 SRP. The 5 shot group is .41 moa. I picked up a Magnetospeed. Shot 10 shot string today with avg. velocity of 2835, ES 34, and SD 10.3. I was a little surprised that the group POI was 1/4" higher than normal.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast