Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Thomas -- Outstanding AR gunsmith

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

John Thomas -- Outstanding AR gunsmith

When I am the recipient of both great service and outstanding work, I think public praise of the person performing that work and service iss warranted. In this case I want to talk about John Thomas, aka RetroArms. I recently sent him a 16” barrel to be cut down to 14.5, re-threaded and then do a pin and weld of a BG6 muzzle brake. Here is what is amazing about this job, insofar as I am concerned.

I live in central Ky. I mailed the barrel to John (he lives in Warsaw, Ill.) last Friday using priority mail. He received the barrel on Monday, and performed the work, and had it shipped back to me the same day! I received it back today, 5 days after I mailed it to him. Same day service! And the quality of the work he did was excellent. I cannot say enough good things about John Thomas. Needless to say, all of my future AR gunsmithing needs are going to him. Highly recommended!!

(would post photos if I could figure out how)
    Last edited by kyjd75; 05-24-19 at 17:50.

Feedback Score
    You're saved by your last sentence, as I was going to say this thread IS Worthless without photos...LOL

Thanks for the info., just wondering... IF You don't mind saying, How much was His work? And then, what was the total you paid shipping and everything?

Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    When I am the recipient of both great service and outstanding work, I think public praise of the person performing that work and service iss warranted. In this case I want to talk about John Thomas, aka RetroArms. I recently sent him a 16” barrel to be cut down to 14.5, re-threaded and then do a pin and weld of a BG6 muzzle brake. Here is what is amazing about this job, insofar as I am concerned.

I live in central Ky. I mailed the barrel to John (he lives in Wabash, Ill.) last Friday using priority mail. He received the barrel on Monday, and performed the work, and had it shipped back to me the same day! I received it back today, 5 days after I mailed it to him. Same day service! And the quality of the work he did was excellent. I cannot say enough good things about John Thomas. Needless to say, all of my future AR gunsmithing needs are going to him. Highly recommended!!

(would post photos if I could figure out how)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sure. Work totaled $140 plus $16 shipping, for a total of $156.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I’ve used John for pin/weld jobs. $50 plus return shipping. Outstanding work, fast turnaround, and priced well for it.

Feedback Score
    Echo the above sentiments. He pinned a gas block and pinned/welded a muzzle device. Great work and awesome turnaround time. I can highly recommend his work.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    John does great work. Sending him another one in a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    He is my go to for stuff I can't do

Have recommended him on here several times.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good to know. Thanks for posting.
    "I don't just want gun rights... I want individual liberty, a culture of self-reliance....I want the whole bloody thing." - Kim du Toit

Feedback Score
    John drilled and taper pinned a FSB for me. I had the same experience as those above; great communication, entirely reasonable pricing, and beautiful work. The FSB was perfectly aligned with the index pin.
    His turnaround was exceptionally fast as well. He will be my go-to smith from now on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast