Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John Thomas -- Outstanding AR gunsmith

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I had John pin and weld an SOLGW NOX with Dead Air mount onto a 13.7" barrel with a 13.5" URX-4. The integrated barrel nut on the URX-4 required that he do the work with the rail installed. There was very, very, very little clearance and he got it done with no issue.

I do not know on shimming - I sent the upper with the muzzle device already properly shimmed and timed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    John did some barrel work for me recently. He cut a 14.5 down to 12", removed the handguard cap, removed the sling and tabs, and reparkerized where he cut the tabs. On another he pinned a gas block, and on the third he pinned and welded a flash hider as well as removing the handguard cap/sling swivel/sling tabs and reparkerized.

Today I got back another barrel/upper from him. He removed a pin and welded muzzle device, installed a rail, and pinned and welded a new flash hider for me. The RIS II was a tight fit on the MEGA upper (billet) and he had to take off a very small amount of material from two of the screws so that it would mount up. He called me before making the changes. He refinished the screws and it's only noticeable if you look closely in bright light.

I was without the first set of barrels for about 7-8 days, and the work looked fantastic. After sending out the barrel I got back today I had to wait 11(four of the days were delayed by the carrier) days before it was back in my possession.

It's been a pleasure doing business with him, and I'll be using his services again in the future.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 02-23-21 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    I had John Thomas pin the gas block on my 2 Aero uppers as well as disassemble/inspect/reassemble correctly (good parts for the money, but don't trust them to do this right...). John did great work for a very reasonable price, less than 2 weeks door to door. If I require AR gunsmithing in the future he will get my business again without hesitation. Has my strongest recommendation for anyone looking for services he can provid.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I got my barrels today. Damn nice work.

He shaved a couple of FSBs for me and if he’s not doing the ones for Colt, I’d be surprised.

I had ADCO do one for me years ago and they did it by hand. Looked like hell but it was covered by the rail.

Feedback Score
    I recently sent a nitride barrel to Mr. Thomas to have a FSB pinned, and I agree, he does nice work. His turn around time was quicker than you would expect as well. Should anyone ever ask, I would not hesitate to recommend his services.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sent John Thomas a barrel to remove the pinned muzzle device. His price was much better than anywhere else. The barrel was done and shipped out the same day it arrived. Highly recommend Mr. Thomas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234