Thread: MOE fixed carbine stock for M&P15 California compliant version. Weird buffer tube si

Feedback Score

MOE fixed carbine stock for M&P15 California compliant version. Weird buffer tube si

I presume I am not the only one who has encountered this. I want to buy a MOE fixed carbine stock for California compliant M&P 15 sport 2. Measuring with a micrometer, it looks like a commerical sized buffer tube. But this buffer tube is longer than expected..(around 10 inches)..is that gonna fit MOE fixed carbine stock?

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    I presume I am not the only one who has encountered this. I want to buy a MOE fixed carbine stock for California compliant M&P 15 sport 2. Measuring with a micrometer, it looks like a commerical sized buffer tube. But this buffer tube is longer than expected..(around 10 inches)..is that gonna fit MOE fixed carbine stock?

Thanks in advance
    How does the fake adjustable stock come off? Does the key stay on the tube or slide off with the stock? I ask because a rifle tube is 10" and change but it doesn't have the key on it. Not sure I have ever seen a commercial diameter rifle tube. A picture would help identify what you have.

Feedback Score
    It is fixed with a roll pin. I measured it to get the dimension with micrometer and ruler..
    Last edited by n8vmind; 05-26-19 at 17:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Thanks...this appears to answer my question. For restricted state compliant models , S&W assembled M&P15 with commerical rifle length buffer tube..