Thread: Adjustable BCGs

Feedback Score

Adjustable BCGs

I've got an Omega 300 in jail right now and am trying to plan out my my 10.5 5.56 rifle to be optimized for the suppressor both on and off. I wanted to ask if anyone here has had experience with the Bootleg adjustable BCG or the Gemtech. Worth the money? Do they help? Which one would you recommend?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have two of the bootleg carriers. Especially as a lefty, I find them useful in keeping gas out of my face when suppressed. I have a BCM 11.5, which in theory should be gassed pretty conservatively, but the bootleg carrier makes a big difference. I did some testing with an auto lower and turning the gas down on the carrier reduces cyclic rate which is reducing carrier speed. That translates into much smoother cycling and a subjectivly 'flatter' shooting gun. I would say it has been well worth the cost for me.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    gemtech has on/off, adjustable by removing the carrier. bootleg has four setting, adjustable in place.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have a gemtech in a 11.5 with an A5 buffer and its the softest shooting SBR I have shot.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-bolt-carrier

I use the one I have, and find it does smooth out recoil impulse but I bought it to reduce gas to my face which it barely helps with. For that reason I would not buy another one unless they were priced similarly to Milspec BCs.

Feedback Score
    Cool thanks for your feedback guys. I was curious to see what people were saying since they have been out for awhile now.